Chapter 49

Knocking on the door we heard some claws hitting the ground at a fast speed. Marianne answered the door as a big brown Mastiff pushed her aside running towards Kal. Both of them seemed to know each other as they started playing around. 

"Stella!" I hear a woman's voice yelling as Marianne was giggling at the sight of the two big dogs. 

A brunette woman around her forties came running outside but she let out a sigh of relief as she saw that the dog was playing with Kal. 

"Heather!" Henry called as he opened his arms wide so he could embrace her in a hug. Heather gladly accepted and hugged him back "mMissed you, you big oaf." she chuckled as she cupped his elbows. 

"Missed you too. Let me introduce you to my girlfriend, Mia." he bragged looking at me. 

"Mia, this is my sister in law, Heather-" but Heather cut him off before he could say anything more. 

"Wait, are you Mia Wall? The photographer?" her eyes widened in surprise as she took a better look at me. I looked back at Henry knotting my brows in confusion then looked back at her "Yeah, that's me" my voice had a low tone as I rubbed my hands uncomfortably. ‘How did she know who I am?’

"Oh, shit! I'm a photographer as well and your work has been a great influence for my photos. You are one of my favourite young photographers out there." she exclaimed as she brought me in for a hug. "Welcome to the family." she whispered in my ear before breaking the hug and calling Stella, her brown Mastiff to come inside. 

"Well, it seems like you're already on a good start." Marianne joked as she flung an arm around my waist giving me a soft peck on the cheek. "Hey Marianne." I smiled brightly at her as I returned the kiss and she led us inside.

The grey hall contrasted the white marble floor, as we reached the living room which had a nice creme shade was all around us. The black sofas and white coffee tables were resting in the middle of the room while the kids were running around. The mothers were yelling at them to be careful as a white haired man approached us. It must be Henry's dad. 

"Welcome to our humble home lovely." He opened his arms wide to show the house and embraced me in a hug "You must be Mia- we've heard so much about you." He smiled brightly at me as he shook my hand. I nodded at him and saw Henry blush before his father brought him in for another hug. "Good job son." he winked at Henry as he tried to hide his smirk.

I could hear chattering from further away and Marianne led us to the kitchen. Black and white tiles were all around the walls and all the women were around the dark brown kitchen counters. I heard one of them mumbling some curse words under her breath but as soon as they all realised we were inside they cheered ecstatically and came to greet me and Henry and began pulling us into tight hugs. Anne, the tall and tanned blonde ushered Henry to get out of the kitchen so us women could prepare the food, letting out a chuckle Henry gave in and kissed me on the cheek before heading out. 

Anne then let out a sigh of relief before taking my hand into hers. "Do you know how to cook?" she asked nervously and I nodded in return "Great, I need your help." she exclaimed as she lead me towards the oven. "Today is not my day, and it's the second time the food has been burned and I don't know what to do." she looked at me with pleading eyes as I noticed the burned food on the pot. ‘Was that supposed to be casserole?’ 

“Good thing you married Piers, cause darling you can't really cook.” Jane, the brunette woman around her thirties, joked which made Georgia and Heather chuckle. 

"Jane, be nice." Marianne exclaimed warningly.

 "Do you have tortilla wraps, mince, tomato puree, peppers, onion, garlic, mushrooms and flour?" I turned and asked  Marianne and she searched through the cupboards and fridge as she handed me the ingredients I asked for.