CHAPTER 23

Here ya' go everyone! Sorry for the late UD.

********************************************************************

Author's POV

8 pm

"Hyung, here's what you asked me earlier." Seungcheol glance at Woozi who was handling him a brown envelope. He was now in his office waiting for his report about Kim Hyun Seo.

"I ordered our men to investigate him after I found out where he's hiding. Unlike what we thought and expected, he was freely getting in and out of Seoul all these years without us knowing. He secretly watched your every move and followed you after your father died." Woozi explained. "Do you remember that SUV who was suspiciously following us when we brought Yenna at the company?"

Seungcheol eyed him curiously. "Yeah, why? Is it connected to him?"

Woozi nodded. "Yes. That was the day he found out about Yenna."

He read the papers before him as his anger is slowly rising. He inhaled deeply and intensely looked at Woozi. "How the hell did it happen Woozi? How could you let someone like him dare to step his foot inside my territory? To think that he was lurking behind us all these years! I ordered you and Wonwoo to keep an eye to those people who comes in and out strangely around here in Seoul! And now what?"

The latter just scratched his head weakly. Woozi knows he made a mistake for not doing his job properly. Both him and Wonwoo were shocked too, after they found out the truth. "I'm sorry hyung. I know we made a mistake. Both of us didn't know about this too, not until today. None of us did not expect it. He was very careful with his move that any of us failed to notice someone like him. Maybe he was really serious about his threats against you that it makes me wonder what made him so angry. When in fact, he was the one who did something wrong in your company."

Seungcheol drank his whiskey and massaged his temples as he shortly replied. "Seokjin told me that my father did something to his family in the past."

"Your father?"

"Yes. I remember how my dad was so angry about this certain man who was guilty of graft and corruption in our company. Maybe that was him. Seokjin said that his mother was killed and his father believed that it was my dad's doing. That's why he was trying to get back at me. "

Woozi's brows furrowed in confusion after hearing Seungcheol. His mind is still wondering why Jin's father wanted Seungcheol to suffer when in fact it was not his fault. It's just odd to think that he was planning something against Seungcheol while his son is doing the opposite. 

"What now hyung? Do really want to give Yenna back?" Seungcheol leaned his back to his swivel chair as Woozi asked him those questions.

He hummed in response telling him that he will. "Did you told her about it?" He shook his head in response to Woozi's question again.

"You can go now Woozi. Tell the others to do what we planned. I have a bad feeling about this so you have to be careful."

Woozi stood up and bowed to him after hearing his words. "Don't worry hyung. The guys are all ready. Call us if you need anything."

Seungcheol nodded before Woozi turned his back and went out of his office. After a few minutes, he decided to go back to his room to check if Yenna is already awake.

When he opened his room, he found Yenna still soundly asleep. He went closer to the bed and stared at her in awe and amusement. The moment he sat beside her sleeping figure, Yenna automatically opened her eyes.