Chapter 4: Washing Secrets

Copyright

************************************************** 

"How on Earth did you get this much gravy on you?" Mom asks when she finds my shirt to be washed. She holds it in her hands looking back and forth between the clothing and me.

"Some ass walked into me with a plate of gravy!" I reply grabbing a jar of peanut butter and a spoon. "Who eats a whole plate full of gravy? Even if you do, why on a plate instead of a dish? Please, just have some common sense." I rant. Mom flashes me an amused smile.

"What?" I ask fighting a smile.

"Nothing." She says and throws it into the basket to be washed.

"Whatever." I scoop up another spoonful of peanut butter. "But, he thought it would be hilarious to apologize sarcastically."

"What did you say to him when he spilt it on you?" She asks clearly amused with my story.

"I asked him if he needs glasses, then called him an ass hole as I walked off."

Mom bursts out laughing.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm just imagining it in my head. I wished I could have been there to see it." She says whilst giggling and an amused smile plastered on her face. I look at her with my mouth wide open in hilarity and shock.

"I love you too Mom." I say sarcastically.

"I know you do. I love me too." Rude! I grab a small towel of the counter and throw it in her direction laughing. I've never really seen Mom as my mother. She's more like the sister I never had. She doesn't give me motherly advice unless I ask her. I prefer to only have advice if it is desperately needed. She treats our relationship as if we're best friends. Which we obviously are. She thinks I bring the teenager out in her. I prefer our relationship this way.

Once we have calmed down, I'm curious to where Elijah is.

"Where's the beast?" I ask.

"Soccer training." She replies.

Elijah has always played soccer; he's pretty good at it. He's been playing for 5 years and he has improved massively.

"Oh."

"How are you finding this school?" Mom asks.

"Alright I suppose. I've only been there for two days.  So I can't make judgments. Yet." 

"Are you sure? I've heard it's a good school, the education is supposed to be amazing."

"The things they're teaching, I already know about. We're studying things I read out of a book 2 years ago."

"Oh, well that sucks."

"Ugh, tell me about it." I finish. "But I suppose it's alright for now."

"Well, as long as you aren't locking yourself in a locker or in a cubicle."

"That was one time!" I say with a smile.

"I know. I'm just saying."

I moved to a school in the sixth grade and I ended up hating it there so much, it resulted in locking myself away from everyone until the final bell rang.

"Was it seriously that bad?" Mom asks.

"Yes. Mom, they threw my food down the toilet then dunked my head chanting Eat it! Eat it! Eat it! They actually hoped I would." Mom laughs a little then grimaces.