51

"Can you slow down your pace, love?"

Soleil ignored me kaya mas binilisan ko na lang ang lakad. She's been so energetic since I told her that we'll visit my family's vacation house at Carles. Maraming beaches kasi roon na pwedeng pantapat sa ganda ng Boracay.

Yesterday was fun. She's like a kid while splashing water to Ali when we took a short dip at Imoy Falls. She really enjoyed camping with me and Ali sa Bucari Pine Forest doon din sa Leon.

I have never thought that I'll get to see her smiles again. She keeps me sane and alive. She's the light in my darkest days and I know that she is my everything. Corny it may sound, but that's how I really feel about her. There are no enough words to describe how much I love her. Only God knows.

"Malayo pa ba tayo?" she glanced at me while her hand was touching the waves as we ride the motor boat.

"Kind of".

"I'm excited na po!" si Ali.

"Hindi ka pa ba nakapunta?" Soleil put her arm around Ali.

"Third time pa lang po ngayon ate doctora!"

"Bakit ate doctora ang tawag mo sakin? Akala ko Mommy na?" she creased her forehead.

"Uhm... That was three years ago pa e so I'm not sure kung valid pa", Ali pouted his lips. Tsk, nagpapacute.

"Ano ka ba", she pinched his cheeks. "Walang expiration ang pagiging mommy".

She had a sad smile. She remembered her Mom siguro who hadn't been good to her ever since her teenage mistake. It saddens me since I found out how her family treated her like she's useless and will not succeed in anything. Who gave them the right to treat her like she's the worst person ever? It's bullshit.

"May mapapatunayan din ako".

She often say that whenever she's drunk. She would just blabber nonsense hanggang sa maipunta niya ang topic sa pamilya niya. I'm used to her being messy and sad and wasted but I'm not used, I'll never get used to her being broken.

I don't want to be added to the people who treated her really bad. I just wanted to stay beside her and fight with her demons. And I failed but this time, I'm going to treat her nice, for real.

"Ang ganda!" she shouted when we arrived at the veranda of our vacation house.

"Mas maganda ka", I tucked some loose hair behind her ear.

"Ayan ka na naman e", she rolled her eyes at me. "Average lang kaya ang ganda ko".

"Really? Then why am I so damn smitten?"

Her cheeks blushed, cute. "Nandito tayo para magbakasyon, hindi para maglandian", she rolled her eyes again. Tsk, attitude talaga kahit kinikilig naman.

"It's part of the vacation, love", I grinned.

"Heh! Ewan ko sayo! Mga pauso mo talaga! Bahala ka na nga dyan", and she rolled her eyes again and stomped her feet as she walked away.

I heaved a deep sigh because I had a hard on just by seeing her like that, mad while kinikilig. It's hard to control myself yet I had been so patient like I've never imagined. Well if it's her, I don't mind waiting even if it take years.

"Uy tara swimming na tayo!"

I snapped back to reality when I heard her voice from below. She's looking up at me from the ground. Excitement is evident in her eyes. She's now wearing new clothes and is ready to swim the calm waves of the beaches here. She's carrying a picnic bag in her right hand while the other one holds Ali's hand. They look like mother and son, if features will be disregarded, surely people would think that they really are.