in my system // damon salvatore

your p.o.v.

i screamed in pain as damon pulled the knife out of my stomach. "do you think you could be a little more gentle next time?" i asked, my breathing not yet steady. i looked down at my new wound caused by none other than kai parker. "yeah, let's just hope that there's not a 'next time.'"

damon was quick to bite his wrist and feed me his blood. "this could have all been avoided if you had just turned me like i asked." i said, drinking it and almost spitting it out. his blood had a very familiar, bitter taste. i know, of course. this isn't the first time i've been damn near killed by one of his enemies.

"let's talk about this later," he gently threw me over his shoulder and i watched in amazement as my wound slowly began to disappear, along with the pain. he sped out of the wedding venue with me and took me straight to the salvatore mansion.

just as carefully as he picked me up, he set me down on the couch. "are you comfortable? do you need some more blood? pillows-" i cut him off. "damon, i'm fine. seriously, you don't need to worry. can we talk?" i lifted my hand up and he took his in mine, stroking my face with his other hand.

"of course. what do you want to talk about?" he asked. "i want to be a vampire." i said and he sighed. "you don't want this life, okay. you have your whole life ahead of you. you'd be miserable."

i squeezed his hand tighter. "but we could be together for all of eternity." i smiled.

"what happens when we break up, huh? are you just gonna turn it off? kill a bunch of innocent people? that would destroy you, y/n." he said.

"and what happens when something like this again, someone goes after me to try and hurt you, and you're not around to save me. then i'll die." he groaned again. "y/n, believe me, you don't want this."

suddenly, it hit me. i got up, damon's hand still in mine. "you're wrong damon." i said, finally letting go of his hand and letting it drop to his side. "where are you going?" he asked, following me to the kitchen.

i grabbed the biggest knife that i could find and stabbed myself before he could do anything about it. "Y/N!" he screamed, speeding to me. blood began erupting from my mouth as i fell to the blood. "yo- your.. blood.. is in my.. syst-"

2 hours later

"y/n?" the lights became more blinding as i slowly began to open my eyes. everyone was in the room with me, damon, caroline, stefan, elena. "y/n, how do you feel?" he asked, moving my hair out of my face.

"i feel alive," i smiled. "and hungry."