35. Lace and laughter

Kitty

I unlocked the front door as I heard Jules shivering behind me, kicking my shoes off and taking a moment to enjoy the warmth as she locked the door and turned the lights on. We'd just come back from a little shopping trip from the mall and I was excited to try on the much needed new clothes.

"Grab the moscato, I want to party!" I howled as I raced up the steps ahead of her and ducked into my bedroom to turn the music on. Jules reappeared moments later with a big bottle in her hands before she tossed it to me to take a swig.

"Hey Nina, you home?!" She called, receiving no answer, "nope, we're all alone."

"She's probably out with her friends," I snickered, dumping the clothes on the bed while she chugged her own share.

"Try on the bodysuit, I'm real excited about that one."

I tossed my shirt aside before I peeled my jeans away, watching as she did the same and cracked a pack of fishnets to pull over her legs. She still had all the same tattoos, a big floral piece on her thigh and a smiley face on her ankle, the cleaver she'd gotten ages ago looking just as good as ever before she covered it up with a pair of new jeans. I pulled on the bodysuit she'd mentioned, wiggling it over my head and snapping the buttons shut before adjusting my chest to sit properly in the cups. It was black and lacy, more lingerie than a real bodysuit but damn I was not complaining. Jules helped me adjust the straps before she slapped my ass, our laughter echoing loudly as I shoved her away and onto the blankets.

"You're such a bitch!" I cackled, "but thank you for convincing me to buy this, maybe I'll surprise Jeff with it when he comes home."

"If he doesn't put a ring on that finger I will," she giggled, "I'll make that 'J' stand for 'Jules'!"

"Uh huh," I grabbed her face to look at her eyes before she could get away.

"What, want a kiss?" She puckered up between my fingers before I let her go with a laugh.

"Making sure those eyes are blue," I teased, "hand me my jeans."

She tossed a new pair of blue jeans at me and I yanked the tags off before I pulled them over my hips, glad to find that I'd gained a little bit of my weight back as I filled out the denim. Something crackled on the bed though and I snapped to attention as Jeff's voice came through.

"Snow, hey come in. You're not gonna fucking believe this."

"Hey, what's going on?" I laughed as I pressed the button to answer.

"We just got dropped for the task and we're in Silver Cove," he paused for a moment as I locked a giddy gaze with Jules, "are you at home?"

"Yeah, Jules and I are here. Where are you?!"

"The forest you sent me to on your birthday, think you can meet me at the entrance in like twenty?"

"I'll be there ASAP, hang tight baby!"

I screamed to myself excitedly as I slapped her hand, bouncing on my feet while she got to hers and ran down to her room. If he was on a task that meant he had a target, which meant for us we had a little playtime, too. I grabbed for my mask and my knives, listening to her excited footsteps as she returned with the stolen chainsaw she'd acquired up in Seattle.

"You're not bringing that!"

"But Kitty," she pouted, giving me puppy eyes through her mask, "I can make Habit teleport me now, I promise no one will see us this late!"

"You are so lucky I love you, Habit's rubbing off too much," I laughed through my groan, shoving her before I pushed ahead and sprinted down the stairs.