Chapter Seventy

Logan

I felt slightly bad at the fact that I was essentially building an army against the women that were letting me into their lives and their secrets. My loyalty wasn't with them though, my loyalty was with the people that trusted me to make the right decisions for them. After the Alpha's had gone back to their packs, I stayed behind to talk to Whitt. She'd been holding my hand under the table ever since I'd told her that I wanted to make her my Luna.

"Did you mean it?" She questioned as the door closed behind the last person. I snapped my head to her, "of course I meant it, why would I just say something like that?" She took my face in both of her hands, "maybe it was just the emotion of the meeting, maybe you just got caught up in everything?" She was searching my face, looking for any sign of doubt. I wasn't going to give it to her. I was sure. "Things seem so charged and different at the minute, this is the only thing I'm sure of Whitt."

A smile lit up her face as she brought her lips to mine, "I can't wait until all of this is over and we have forever." I lifted her from the seat next to me and hugged her close to my chest. "I can't wait until I have you living with me and you never have to leave." She let out a sign and twisted her wrist to look at the watch there, "I should be heading back soon..." I pulled her closer to me and twisted my fingers together in an impenetrable lock. "You aren't allowed. I've decided that Elena can do your job and you can serve your Alpha."

Whitt batted at my shoulders trying to get free, "I'll be no use to you as a Luna if you kill me with your affection!" I nuzzled my nose into her neck, "Luna Whitt Elio of the Midnight Moon pack doesn't have the same ring to it as 'Jessie Fenton'. Maybe we should make you 'Luna Jessie' instead." I teased. She moaned as my lips trailed down the side of her neck, "I don't know Logan, I like the Alpha title I currently have..."

I smiled against her skin, "maybe I can convince you otherwise?" She hummed her approval of my suggestion and I buried my head in her chest. "Maybe if I make you want to be here with me, you might change your mind?" Her eyes locked with mine, "that would take a lot of convincing Alpha." God I loved it when she called me Alpha. I lifted her ass onto the edge of the table and started to kiss my way down her body. She gripped onto the sides, her need for release so clearly visible.

All I wanted to do right now was bend her over the huge dinner table and take her raw like this. That's exactly what I was about to do when a soft knock echoed around the room from the door. Whitt groaned, "busy!" The person on the other side of the door persisted. "We're busy! Come find me in my office later!" I shouted. The handle rattled and in stormed none other than my red headed Omega, Rae. I rushed to right myself and cover Whitt, "what do you think you are doing? I told you to find me later!" I seethed.

She looked exasperated, like she'd ran 50 marathons in one day. "I tried to tell you earlier but you wouldn't listen, you need to stop your selfish need for one second Logan. Emily and Dom are going behind your back." What the hell was she talking about? I looked at Whitt who was desperately trying to straighten her clothes. "Your saying that my brother is a traitor?" Rae's shoulders slumped. "Not traitor, we'll not yet anyway. They've been travelling." Is this what this was all about? "I'm very aware that they've been away, that's why Whitt has been looking after the pack" I explained to her.

"Did they tell you where?" This was getting ridiculous. Of course they didn't, I didn't expect them to. The Rising Dawn pack are allied to the Midnight Moon pack, they wouldn't do anything outrageous or risky without notifying us. Whitt jumped down from the table next to me, "if there was anything going on I would be the first person to know about it." Rae's laugh was short and not at all amused, "yeah, except they have no way of contacting you when they are with the moon goddess." The blood in my veins froze. "Yeah, I didn't believe it at first either, the moon goddess can't exist here right?"

I was still taking the information in, but she mistook my confusion for disbelief. "The what?" This had to be some kind of joke, she knew nothing about this. "They've been researching it for a while, I have a friend in the north of Sweden that tells me three international guests are visiting from the east. He was an old flame from one of the online groups I was part of. He asked if I knew of Emily, Malik and Dominick." How had Rae had an online pen pal that I knew nothing about? "He never told me what his job was, I always thought he was some super cool undercover agent, but it turns out he works for the moon goddess."

All that was running through my mind right now was the fact that they were with the moon goddess, as we spoke, they were already there. I had to make sense of this, "do you know why they are there?" I asked her, I looked to Whitt who just shrugged, "Dom didn't tell me about where he was going, he just said they were doing some research." Yeah, it seems that's all he told anyone." Though, I could hardly speak about secrets when they had no idea about the dark witches either... what a mess this was.

"They were taken there, someone who works closely with the moon goddess was told to find the Alpha of the Rising Dawn pack." Her head fell, "I don't know anything more than that, but it just seemed important. My friend said that it was top secret or something, but I just wanted to make you aware that their names were being brought up in Sweden. I thought it was weird." I really wish I'd have listened to her earlier. Who knew what was going on over there? And if what the Nordic witches were saying was correct, we were in big big trouble.

I needed to see Yarah.

Now.