Chapter Thirty Four

Emily

They didn't know that I was listening to their conversation. My headphones had been in, but there was no music playing. I thought I'd been pretty obvious with showing Dom that I was at least interested in seeing what was there. Clearly not. I hadn't meant to spy on their conversation but I could hardly pop into the conversation when they'd already decided I was distracted. At the mention of Francesca's name my blood started to boil. I never wanted to hear him say her name again, she was manipulative and crazy and I wish I'd have known him sooner to point that out.

I was slightly annoyed by Dom's comment about the Midnight Moon pack being my home. It was, I knew that it was. I wasn't technically part of Dom's pack, I was practically just a visitor. But after spending so much time there, I felt like part of the family at least. Maybe coming back to my pack was a good thing, though I didn't look forward to the anticipated alpha conversation.

My thoughts turned elsewhere and soon I was asking, "when do we do the bond ceremony thing?" Malik snickered and Dom shot him a look, I could tell it was in relation to their earlier conversation. "Mind linking to an alpha doesn't take long." He assured me, "but it does take a lot of concentration. You need to rest before we do it to make sure there's a strong enough connection." That made sense I suppose, but it still didn't answer my question, "when?" I pressed him. "Tomorrow, we leave for Sweden the day after next." That soon?

I was full of nervous energy at meeting the Moon Goddess, that's even if I was allowed. Who knew what kind of rules and regulations they had for such an event. Ferdinand seemed to know her pretty well, I wondered what their relationship was. He weirded me out quite a bit, buy maybe that's just who he was. That still didn't explain how he knew where to find me outside of the summer house, or maybe I was just clumsy.

We pulled into the pack house garage and a certain spunky blonde met us at the door. I ran up to her straight away, "MISTY!" I yelled out in excitement. She gripped onto me and pulled me into a hug, grinning ear to ear. "Please don't take this offensively, but to what do we owe the pleasure?" Dom came around the back of the car and winked in her direction, my stomach twisted. "What? An alpha can't just decide to bring a home sick wolf back to visit?" She eyed him suspiciously, "no, they can't. So what's going on."

I was half listening to Dom explaining that he needed to talk to Alpha Logan when I saw another familiar face. "Storm?" His fluffy ears perked up at hearing his name. He yawned and trotted over from near the kitchen door, "were you waiting for sausages?" He opened his mouth and started panting, drool falling onto the floor from his tongue. I laughed as he circled my legs, "sorry buddy, I don't have any with me. They wouldn't let me bring any from the pack."

His eyes shifted and he looked behind me at Dom and Malik. I looped my arm around him and squeezed slightly, "yeah that's them. I've missed you buddy." He looked up at me and stilled, I instantly recognised that look, "hey! Don't give me those puppy dog eyes. I'm in a good place, I've just needed a little time away from all of... this" I gestured nowhere in particular. His ears lifted and started to search around like raiders, "what is it?" I asked him, petting at his fur.

He stretched his legs out in front of him and sprinted off towards one of the doors. I looked around searching for any sign of what could've triggered Storm's reaction and came up empty handed. The Alpha and the two Betas seemed to be in deep conversation now, blissfully unaware of the dogs reaction. He stopped near a door I hadn't seen before, I'd spent months in this pack house and not once had I come across this. He scratched under the door like he was searching for something.

"Oh there you are!" A chirpy voice chimed from behind me, "I've been looking everywhere for you." I turned towards the voice and saw a flash of red hair.

Rae.

She stopped and stood completely still when she saw me, "you're back? When did you get back?" She shook her head, "forgive me, we haven't seen you in so long I was starting to wonder if you'd ever come back at all." I sighed, "I'm not here for long, I'm here with Alpha Dominick to see Logan." I motioned to where he was standing with Misty but they'd moved. "Well he was there..."

"Maybe they went into Logan's office? If he's here to see Logan?" She pointed at the door that was open to my right. Obviously they'd have gone in there, where else would they be? I laughed nervously, "thanks Rae, it was good seeing you again." She smiled back at me, "if you ever need anything, don't forget about us okay?" I gave her a genuine smile this time, "I didn't realise how much I'd actually missed this place." She motioned to Storm and he followed her down the hall, they were probably going for treats.

I looked back at the door before I walked over to Logan's office, maybe he was just hungry? That clearly must've been it. I debated knocking but the door was already open and I could hear voices from inside, so I pulled up all the confidence I could muster and walked straight in. I didn't see anyone at first but as I looked towards Logan's desk I blushed furiously. I'd walked straight into a make out session with Logan and Whitt. Logan looked up from where he was positioned on top of Whitt, his shirt thrown to the floor in a rush. "S... sorry. I thought everyone was in here." I stuttered, not being able to take my eyes off of him.

At the sound of my voice, Whitt's head popped up as she tried to cover herself with the comforter. It was half on the floor and half on the chair, at least it was easier to reach than Logan's shirt. I forgot myself for a minute, and felt a pang of pain run through my chest.

This wasn't my mate. I was bound to see them together eventually.

Instead, I squared my shoulders and announced, "it's a good job I came in first, I doubt the Alpha of Dawn would appreciate seeing this." At the mention of his name Whitt froze, "Dom's here?"

I felt a slight breeze behind me and the hair on my arms stood up rapidly, "Dom wouldn't appreciate seeing what?" Dom walked into the room, looked at the scene before him and walked straight back out again shouting, "can you please pick reasonable times of the day to be canoodling!" "We weren't expecting you! What do you expect!" The Midnight Moon alpha shouted back.

Well, this was awkward.