Chapter Thirty Six

Dominick

"So does that mean we can go to the library now?" Emily beamed next to me, "right now? It's a little early to be dream walking don't you think?" I tried to convince her, I wasn't ready. I don't know when I would feel ready again, but I couldn't tell her that. What kind of Alpha did that make me?

Emily turned to face me, "was letting Malik make his own way home the best idea?" My eyebrows raised and a smirk lined my lips, "you don't agree? You don't want to be alone with me Emily?" She looked down at her lap, her hands fidgeting there. "Yes. No. No I don't mind being with you... alone, it's just that the Rising Dawn pack is quite far from here."

I laughed and rubbed my lips with my hand, "you clearly have never been running with Malik." She looked confused, so I explained. "Malik is the fastest wolf in our pack. It's the reason I'm bringing him with us on our adventure." She nodded but she wasn't about to let it drop, there was something playing on her mind.

"Do you think leaving Whitt in charge of the Rising Dawn pack was the best idea?" Now it was my turn to question her. "Why? You don't think she can?" She looked out of the passenger side window, her eyes refusing to meet my face.

"It's not that I don't trust her, it's the pack." Again her point wasn't clear. "Emily, the Rising Dawn is her pack. Her mother was my father's mate. She has even more of a claim to the pack than I do. I may be the oldest, but my mother was not my father's mate." I sighed, "she's literally the most powerful sorceress I've ever met. There's no one I would rather leave my pack under. Besides, they love her. It's only Jake who's slightly terrified of her and that's only because she hung him from a tree."

She snorted, "I think throwing him against objects and using him as a wolf punch bag might have something to do with it too." I smiled at the road, "he loves it. We don't have a three command system like other packs, but he would be my Omega if I had one."

I looked at her in the passenger mirror, her face was hidden from me, but I could tell there was still something she wasn't telling me. "Honestly Emily, what is it?" She made a small humming noise like she was thinking, and then it all burst out of her like a broken faucet.

"So this mind link thing, it's it going to hurt? What does it mean if I'm connected to two alphas? Am I going to hear you both talking at the same time? What happens if I have to choose a side? Because Logan is still technically my alpha, but will I have two alphas? Will I become part of your pack?"

And there it was. The reason she was concerned about Whitt looking after the pack. Instead of dwelling on it, I tried to lighten the conversation and distract her. "So what you're really telling me is that you want to be my Luna so that you have more of a day than my sister?"

Her head snapped to me, eyes and mouth wide open. "I am not jealous of your sister!" I couldn't contain my laughter, my head hit the back of my seat as I tried to hold it in. I couldn't believe she'd called for it that easily. "Really because it looks like you're worried your place in the pack is in question." My eyes caught hers for a split second, she was seething. This just made me laugh even more. I pulled to the side of the road as tears blurred my vision.

We were in the middle of nowhere, tall fir trees lining either side of us as far as our supernatural eyes could see. "Listen-" I tried to calm myself and comfort her at the same time, "-it's honestly not as bad as it seems." I undid my belt buckle and leaned towards her, my arm resting behind her seat. "Yes you'll be connected to both of us, yes Logan will still be your Alpha and no you won't ever hear us at the same time." She looked up into my eyes, she looked as scared as a doe. "How do you know?"

I rubbed the bridge of my nose, "the thing is, I'll never use it unless I need to. No Alpha should. It's a safety precaution so that I can always find you, nothing more. I just want to make sure that you are safe. I've never travelled like this before and I just don't want to lose you."

Maybe I'd let too much slip with the last one, but she was utterly still. "Can I put it in a different way?" I asked her, touching her jaw lightly with my fingers. She nodded, holding her breath. "For me-" I started, "it'll feel something like this..." I leaned forwards the rest of the way and locked my lips onto hers.

As soon as I felt her plush lips under mine a fire ignited in my chest. I gripped the sides of her head with my hands and took short shallow breaths as my lips barely left hers. She matched my enthusiasm and I removed one of my hands from her face, only to place it back a moment later when her buckle had been undone. She flipped her legs over the hand break and landed on top of me in the driver's seat. Her hot breath clouding my judgment and our joined heat started to steam up the windows.

I ran my hand down the side of her face, caressed her neck and shoved my hand under her shirt. She let out a soft moan as I tweaked at her hardening nipples with my fingers. I moved my lips from her face and started to french kiss her neck. She was going crazy for it. My kisses were matching the stroke of my fingers on her nipple and my pants were getting tighter by the minute. She looked up at the car roof and let out a moan of pure delight as I removed her breast from its constraint.

My lips trailed down further and I caught her nipple in my mouth. I flicked my tongue against the hardened skin and sucked with enough pressure to make her groan my name. "Dom" followed by "Goddess, Dom that feels so good." All too suddenly my haze disappeared and I was rudely shocked back into the present. That's right, we needed to be travelling in a few days and I had to perform the mind link tomorrow. Emily would need her rest.

I smiled up at her, her beautiful doe eyes asking a million questions I wish I could answer. Instead, I said "you'll need to save your strength for tomorrow, this isn't a good idea." What the hell was I saying? Of course this was a good idea. This is what I had wanted for so long. Logically I knew that clear minded Dom was right, we would both need to rest and it was nearing nightfall. I couldn't afford to mess up the mind linking either, not when we only had one shot before going away.

She took my head in her hands and left one last lingering kiss on my lips before she moved back over to her seat. "I understand, and I know you're right." She looked at me from under her lashes, "I just can't seem to help myself around you Dom." I knew exactly what she meant. All too well. That didn't mean it was the right thing to do right now though.

I turned on the fans that would clear the steamed up windows and we were on the way again. It was only another 15 minutes and we'd be back. I just hoped that my restrain could last that long. The tension in the car was bursting with static electricity and if she made one single move I would break.