Chapter Thirty Nine

Logan

"What a pleasant surprise" I told Whitt, walking straight past her and over to my desk. Her body turned, following my every movement. She was wearing a night dress, almost as if she'd come down here straight from bed. "Is it a pleasant surprise?" She retorted.

I quickly stuffed the book from under my arm into the drawer with my father's journal. I tried to do it with as much boredom on my face as possible, trying not to raise suspicion. I scratched the back of my head, "why would it not be pleasant?" I asked her. I sat down on my chair and feigned complete ignorance.

She rolled her eyes, "I'm not an idiot Logan, you've been distant." I hadn't even noticed I was doing so. "I really haven't meant to be if that's what you're asking. I didn't realise it had been a problem." She rolled her eyes and sat in the chair opposite my desk, "you've been in your office huddled away from the world all day." I guess she did have a point. "That's not anything to do with you." I tried to reassure her, "I really have had a lot of pack work to deal with." This technically counted right?

"I'm just saying, one minute your hit with me and the next you are cold. I thought my insecurities about this situation were the problem, but it's almost like you can't see past whatever it is that you're doing." I could see her point, but if what Dom and Emily were saying was true, we didn't have time to sit around and play happy families right now. But of course, she wouldn't know that because I hadn't told her.

"If my feelings for you are your concern then you don't need to keep worrying. I really really like you Whitt, this mate bond is a strange thing to navigate, but I know my feelings are mine." This seemed to ease her a little, her shoulders relaxed and she let out a long breath from her nose. "Prove it." She instructed. "My eyebrows creased in confusion, "prove what?" Whitt carefully rose from her seat and rounded my desk. "Prove that it's not just the mate bond making you feel like this."

Suddenly, she had gone from standing next to my chair, to straddling me and wrapping her legs around it. I was tired, but that wasn't about to stop me. "You want this now?" I asked her, she bit her lip and nodded slowly. "Yes Alpha." Those two words alone were enough to make me forget my whole secretive mission and reconsider telling her everything. This beautiful raven haired woman was my mate, and I hadn't been appreciating her like I should.

I placed my hands on her thighs and ran them down her legs. I slipped my hands under the soft skin of her thighs and in one swift movement her ass was on my desk and I was standing in between her legs. Thank the gods for her sleeping attire, I had access to every part of her I wanted in this and yet it still wasn't enough. I bunched the night dress in my fists and lifted it from her body. She stretched out as it passed her head and wrapped her arms around my neck.

They didn't stay there. She glided her hands down my body, all the way to my belt buckle. I sucked in a breath as she roughly grabbed it and yanked me forward. I almost tripped up and she laughed, "I enjoy having all this control over you." I hadn't even noticed that she'd already ringed my belt until I heard it thud on my office floor. "You think you have control right now?" I told her, lust filling my voice and making it raspy.

She smiled, "it seems like it to me, Alpha." My eyes rolled back as she undid the button on my jeans and shoved her hand inside. I knew exactly what she would find there, I could feel it pushing against the material of my jeans ever since I'd found her here. I let out a groan as her hand slipped under my briefs and she started to massage my hard throbbing dick. Her eyes were on mine, but her hand was magic all by itself. Her thumb rubbed against the tip on my head and I felt my precum on her finger as she moved it around my skin.

She smiled again, almost shy this time, "I think it's safe to assume I have the control here." That sounded like fighting talk to me. Without a second thought, I put my arms under her legs and pulled her closer for me. She fell backwards instantly, her hand still managing to keep a hold of my dick. My eyes feasted on her body, mine. My hands kneaded her breasts, carefully flicking her hardened nipples before travelling lower.