Chapter Sixty Six

Dominick

I knocked on the oversized door to the small cottage and almost immediately it opened. I wasn't sure what to expect from today, but I know that I definitely didn't expect to see the moon goddess dressed in light blue jeans, a pink cropped shirt and snow boots. She smiled at me warmly, she looked so much younger without her elaborate outfit on.

"You look like you've seen a ghost," she chimed, opening the door wider so that I could go inside. I debated telling her no, but I had promised Emily that I would at least talk to her. "You look different today." I observed, she blushed and turned her head away from me. Did... did I just make the moon goddess blush? "Whenever I'm meeting new people I have to put on a show. No one can feel comfortable being in that all the time though." She glanced over to the bed and there was the dress from yesterday, though it wasn't on the bed. It was floating in mid air.

"Do you always keep it like that?" I asked her, not able to take my eyes off of it. Her voice came from behind me. "It's enchanted. The dress itself has magic woven in the fabric." I raised my eyebrows, "why?" She rolled her eyes, but I saw her smile at my question. "They tell me that it's supposed to channel my abilities better." 'They' sounded suspicious.

"Who?" I tried to push her for answers, she huffed down on the chain in front of the fireplace, "are we honestly going to just ask me thousands of questions?" I was taken aback by her abruptness. "I asked you to come so that we could get to know one another. As we are now, not past histories or things that have little to no concern. If the only reason you came was to question me, you may as well go." Maybe I had pushed too hard.

"I'm Dominick Elio. I'm the Alpha of the Rising Dawn pack." Her eyes flicked over to me, a smile playing on her lips. "My name is Lona, I'm a woman who has the ability to do everything but make a man fall in love with me." Her eyes left mine and I felt instantly guilty. Emily was right, I wasn't being very fair to her. "I was never given a last name, celestials don't normally have surnames. But I know where yours comes from." Her eyes shot back to mine, "want to know?"

She motioned to the seat opposite her and I sat down, waiting for her to explain. "A long time ago I was with a man called Helios. He was the Sun God, your many times great ancestor and he was beautiful. He left me for a wolf hybrid woman that I had created and when he disappeared, she ran away and took his child with her. She was a clever little thing. I hadn't known until you were appointed Alpha that anyone existed with the last name, but then it all started to make sense. Elio must have been a way to keep Helios in the family, but without ever being found for making it too obvious.

"Why did we need to be 'found' in the first place?" I asked her, leaving further forward on my knees. "You have to understand people of a certain nature aren't meant to exist with others. Celestial beings belong in the stars. And so when I found out that Helios's bloodline was still going strong, I had to find them. I could teach you so much, you have so much raw potential Kresnik." I flinched back, "my name is Dominick and you will refer to me as Dominick." She caught whatever it was she was about to say and thought better if it.

"Yesterday you said that Emily could've been with Logan. How does that work?" I didn't want to know, but for the sake of my sanity I had to know. "Your sister was an anomaly, she was never meant to be born. If she hadn't, then Emily would've met Logan and if you had never been around, they would've been together." But I was around. "So you're saying that even if I'd have still somehow been in her life, she would've still ended up as my mate too?"

She lifted herself from the seat and made her way over to the hooks with thick fur coats on them. "You're a powerful Alpha, it would be almost impossible for her to resist you, she would've picked you eventually, every time." Right, so the fact that my sister was with Logan had nothing really to do with it, eventually we would've found each other. My mind felt at ease with that knowledge. "What do you do if I can't be with you?" I asked her, trying to keep my voice even.

"If you really hate it that much, there's not much I can do. I'm not lying about the balance though Dominick. There needs to be balance and at the minute we don't have that." I looked around me, "the world seems fine without it." She put on her coat and stretched her arms through the sleeves. "That's because you can't see what it is going to the core, to all of the realms we share with this one. You're seeing through your hybrid eyes."

She opened the door and I froze, wondering whether she was about to leave me in her cottage or if we were going somewhere. "Come now Dominick, I'll show you." Show me? I didn't know what the worst thought was. "You've made it quite possible for yourself to enter the dream realm now, now you just need the right tour guide."

Everything I had ever known about the dream realm was what the witches had told me. It would be interesting to listen to what she had to say and maybe I could even do it myself without any assistance at some point. "Fine, but I want to be back before Emily gets back with Ferdinand." She smirked, "she won't even notice that you are gone, trust me." She looped her arm in mine and we walked straight out of the door.