Chapter Eighty Nine

Emily

I'd been fighting off every single attack. It didn't seem like Dom could shift again after his injury and I had tried to get him to go, to leave and protect himself. But I knew Dom better than that, I knew he would stay until he couldn't help anymore. My eyes found Ferdinand's body again and again, a new wave of tears stung and clouded my vision every time.

He knew.

He had known that by letting us leave his fate was sealed. His last words to me in Sweden were "safe trip." He knew. He knew then that he wouldn't make it. My eyes burned and the lump in my throat felt like hot coals. How many people would we lose to this? I ducked under one of the creatures that had flow for my head, I hadn't wanted to shift if Dom couldn't. I wouldn't leave him vulnerable like that.

As I wanted him narrowly escaped the claws of a beast, I realised that all of this slaughter was happening because of me. If I'd have kept away from him, if I had been more careful we wouldn't be here and he wouldn't feel like he had to make a choice. I can't imagine anyone ever wanting to be with the world's most vicious celestial being, but I had seen how different she was with him... I didn't want to think about my mate with anyone else, it turned my stomach and made my blood boil. There was still no denying how unfair this was to all of the other wolves and witches involved.

My head turned to face the direction I had seen Whitt, I needed to get to her. Dom had said something about her magic still being part of me. If I could do anything to help this chaos it would be giving her back the magic that she needed. I watched as the witches crouched around her thrust their hands back and forth, maybe that's all I would need to do and then she would be at her full potential? I had already faced the thought of losing my parents last year, I couldn't face losing anyone here. Not now, not ever.

The witch called Yarah had sacrificed herself for the cause, I didn't even know her and yet I still felt the hole that it left for Logan. Ferdinand had sacrificed himself in making sure that we could get back to where we needed to be... there would be no more and their deaths would not be in vain.

I moved over to Dom's side, shooting my foot out and kicking away one of the beasts that had aimed for Dom's back. His head snapped to me when he heard the commotion, "are you okay?" He worried, placing his hands on my cheeks. In spite of everything, I smiled. "I'm okay, you really should go though, I think I have a plan." Dom's face dropped at the word 'plan'. "What do you mean, plan? You realise you aren't leaving my sight right?" I sighed, "you aren't in any state to be doing anything right now and yet you are, I just need to get over to Whitt."

His eyes focused on my face, really focused. "Okay." Okay? I thought he would protest and argue more but he was actually okay with it? His fingers brushed under my chin, lifting my face to look at his, "I trust you and I think it can't hurt you to be with the most powerful person on our side." His eyes shot behind my shoulder and he pulled me down quickly, dodging to the side as another creature tried to grapple him. He threw them off and Logan caught it with his teeth, ripping it in two as he shook his head.

I searched the crowds of fighting bodies to see if I could find the moon goddess, I wasn't comfortable leaving Dom in his condition with her around. I couldn't see her, and that bothered me. She must've escaped while everyone was preoccupied. "I'll try to clear you a path," Dom breathed out, checking the direction we would have to go to get to Whitt. This could be the last little bit of time that I spent with him, I couldn't just leave things like that.

He started to get himself up, heading in the direction I should be going. "Wait!" I called. He looked at me confused, but I didn't have time to say anything. I took the few steps that it would take to get to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. "We don't say goodbye," I told him, brushing my nose against his, "only see you on the other side." His smile lit a fire in my heart that nothing, not even the moon goddess, could dampen. His lips were inches from mine, "see you on the other side." He repeated before pushing his lips forward, moving them against mine and engulfing me in the most passionate kiss.