Chapter Ninety

Emily

Everything was slow and groggy, it felt like waking up after a big nap and not really being sure of what you were doing. Logan screamed, his shouts sounded distant as he ran towards his mate. Dom was holding me, but I couldn't remember when he'd got to me or why he wasn't with his sister. Then Storm walked up to the moon goddess and sniffed around, she didn't move, she didn't even flinch. Was she really gone?

Everyone started to go back to their everyday lives after that, people were helping to remove bodies and clear the space again. It was like an oiled machine, there was no room for sympathy. I saw Malik and Elena helping the people of Logan's pack, he looked over to make sure we were still okay before nodding and carrying about his job.

A painful feeling ripped through my body, my heart was shattering, but why? Whitt had defeated the moon goddess, why was I hurting? I looked and noticed Dom's hand over my chest, I was about to comment on his lack of restraint when I stopped myself. All around his hand a faint red colour was bleeding into the material, like a felt ripped that had been left on some cotten. Everything sounded muffled, like I was wearing earmuffs. I looked up at Dom and his eyes were pouring with tears, "don't you dare leave me. Don't you dare go, Emily! I'm warning you."

Go where? I had no intention of going anywhere? I tried to shove his hand away but he wouldn't let me. He was just gripping my body tighter. All around me stars started to fall from the sky. No, not stars, more like balls of light. When they touched the ground it pooled out and started to grow, I tried to move away as the light took shape and turned into a person. There were people falling from the sky everywhere.

They were walking towards Whitt, I tried to get away from Dom, to go to Whitt but he held onto me. I could see Logan's dad and Logan's old Beta, Basker among the people. No, I realised with a shiver, these were spirits.

One ghost walked straight in front of me, looking back with a small smile on his face.

Ferdinand.

Another worked her way through the rest closer to Whitt's body, to Logan. I realised that she was the woman from the fight earlier, it was the witch called Yarah. Tears stung my eyes as they all gathered around her,

Hazel

Daniel

Choal

Ferdinand

Yarah

I struggled to see what they were doing and as I stretched, a shooting pain ran through my chest. "Don't move, it's okay..." Dom sobbed, I got the feeling that he was trying to convince himself more than he was trying to convince me. Storm padded his way towards us and I smiled at the gentle beast. He nuzzled his nose into my neck and I stroked his fur down. My lips felt cold and numb, I wanted to tell him that he was a good boy, but I couldn't find my voice.

My eyes closed for a minute, it could've been two, I lost track of time a while ago. When I opened them again a strange man was standing in front of me, Dom was shouting at him and trying to get him away from me. He had a halo of light around his head and his whole body glimmered as brightly as the sun. He noticed that I was awake a kneeled next to me, "Emily? My name is Apollo." Apollo? As in...

'THE Apollo'?

He smiled and it was kind, he didn't seem threatening at all. "The moon goddess can't die," he told me, I started to panic. What? She wasn't dead? We hadn't done it? He shushed me soothingly, Dom was pacing behind him. "She can't move, your friend did a good number on her, but she can't die. She's celestial, it's impossible." Before I could start to hyperventilate, he explained further, "Helios had to surrender his power to someone else and for there to be a balance in the world, she must surrender her power too."