[ CHAPTER 10 ]

It was a dark and stormy night. There she was standing in the large lifeless study room, eyes locked with his dark ebony. It was not the darkness that filled the room neither the lightning nor thunder that shook the house; it was the feeling that their eyes were creating that frightened her. Because she knew how strong they were becoming. But, she also knew, that if she let them in, she might lose the battle she had inside her. It scared her to think of it. So, she chose to hide them, and averted her eyes from his intense ones.

Mehar tugged her hairs behind her ears. Her every action was being observed and saved by Aaban. His eyes ran up and down her body. She was clad in a maroon A-line long sleeved velvet long dress. A black shawl was loosely covering her head and her shoulders. She had finished her look a pair of black ankle boots. Her face was bare of any make and the natural bliss of winter was visible on her face. Her red cheeks and nose, her plump lips were so enticing that it took his every nerve on fire. Her eyes lids dropped down and she tugged her hair behind her ear. The shiver of her hands, showed him the effect he had on her. he took a shaky breath and looked back to his laptop trying to torn himself from her effect but he knew it was a difficult task. Maybe he shows to other that, but in reality, he was struck in her charm and spell. Something he couldn't deny anymore.

'' why you came here?'' the coldness of his voice, passed a shiver down her spine. His deep and husky voice had the authority on her nerves to claim her every cell. Mehar looked back at him who got busy in his laptop again; she bit her lip and looked around. There was fire burning in the fireplace with two cozy grey armchairs and a black glass table in between was facing the warm fireplace. Though the room was warm but she desperately wanted to sit on the warm armchair and warm herself in front of the fire. She averted her eyes and looked around, grey carpet and grey and white curtains followed by his modern black velvet huge armchair and his black glass huge table. The walls were painted in light grey and were designed with floating bookshelves, Filled with books. It was a simple yet elegant room. A huge decor pumpkin flower vase decorated with fairy lights was standing tall in the far corner beside the huge window. The whole farmhouse was decorated with fine antique Kuchi art. But it had modernized touch too. Her eyes traveled back on him finding him already looking at her. His black dress shirt was crumbled and his hairs messy. Sleeves folded up to his forearms revealing his fine muscles. His messed up hairs were disheveled as in he had ran his hands multiple times. But she couldn't miss one thing that he was looking hot in a pair of titanium study glasses making him more handsome than he already was. it was first time she had seen him with glasses, heck, there was not such a thing between them to observe each other.............. at least in her case as in vice versa, he had observed her more than she ever observed her own self but she had no idea about it........ Of course.

'' you are never given anything in this world that you can't handle. Be strong. Be flexible. Remember who you are and remember that you can!'' Mehar took a deep breath as she remembered Zulaikha begum's words and take a step toward him while eyes slide down from his face. She didn't want to focus on anything rather than the mess she just found herself pounding it. It was necessary to know things better.

Aaban was observing her, she was the epitome of beauty, modesty, purity and everything he ever wanted in his life partner. Heck, she was what he ever wanted but not the life that they were leading now. He knew that he was revenging Urzala's death in his own way. it was not hard for him to shoot Usman because of the power they had but then there would be no difference between him and Usman. Yes, he was the law and he had no care of breaking it either, but he wanted to destroy him slowly and then kill him at once. He also knew that Mehar was the linking between both the families but she was never his weakness.............. though a part of him knew that Usman had hurt her once and send his silent message to Aaban, he can do it again to hurt her. She was his sister, he could reach out to her easily but he was also aware that hell would freeze if someone touches a single strand of her hair. She was not Mehar Durrani now but she was Mehar Aaban Aurakzai.