// 14 //

A fresh morning.....

With chirps of cute birds... light rainfalls.... The smell of soil... drops of rain dropping on the ground... fresh air and the sound of crickets. Nothing is more beautiful than the loneliness of woods before sunrises.

Fresh air of the bucolic surroundings, humming of birds, water flowing with sweet sound, sun peeping out of blue heaven, was calling life.

Wearing a grey hoodie paired with black sweat pants. His hairs drenched in sweat and stick to his forehead. His ear bugs in his ears and water bottle in his hand. Hammad looked at the surroundings; this is what he always wanted.

Peace!

He exhaled the fresh air in his lungs, and closed his eyes. It was soothing to his throbbing leg and chest but he had no regret of the life he chose for himself. Be that as it may, he was feeling bad for Veeda. The life that she would be expecting from her marital life was not the one he was giving her.

He was not giving her time.

Something which he knew that he might not be able to give. But then it was Veeda!

Veeda!

Someone whom he always had something in his heart for her but there been reasons which he couldn't ignore.

His job.

He was too much involved in his job that couldn't take time to even think of anything else in his life. The missions, the actions, the academy everything was making him engage to never abstract his mind in anything else.

Her age.

She was younger than him with a great difference of 9 years. Where he was 30 and she merely 21. Hammad always liked her modesty, her pure beauty and her naïve nature but her age and his age would cut his uncrown wings. Her none stop talking, scratching her nose every time she doesn't get it, or every time running bare feet with her anklets making sound. Her bangles matching to her every color dress she wears, her nose ring which was shining in her ivory skin. Her long hair mostly in a messy bun but never in pony tail of braid. Her slender figure looking beautiful in anything with the right curves in right places. Her mixture of green eyes mirror to her inner innocence. The pouted cherry lips and sharp nose. She had oval face which was making her beauty more enchanting for the eyes.

But!

His presence would change everything for her. She would collect herself from him and the change in her was visible to him. He knew that he had some kind of effect on her but what and why, Hammad couldn't get it.

The moment his mother announced of their wedding, he felt happy having his uncrown feelings growing for her but the fear was there too.

Was she happy with this alliance?

Was she forced?

Will he be able to be a good husband?

But the moment she was announced his fiancé, he was happy though the fear was still there. It take him 8 months to wait for her as to claim her as his wife and when the moment came, he messed it up with his over protectiveness and possessiveness. He tried to keep her save from outside world but he forgot that she was a person of her own well. She could take care of herself. All she was expecting from him was trust but he doubted on her. Standing on the cliff, his thoughts were haywire and they were howling like the wind around him. Taking deep breath, he realized the substantiality and corporeality of the bitter fact of his life.

His fear was right about Veeda.

He proved that he may be good in everything else but alas he was not a good husband. Veeda was bound to him. She needed protection, love, trust, and every other need in a relationship but all he gave her was his rules, his strictness, and his back when she needed him.