~~ CHAPTER 1~~

FLASH BACK

6 YEARS LATER

'' Abir!

Sir is calling you.''

Abir turned on the voice of one of the teachers while sitting in her class after completing her MMBA and waiting for the university to send her to hospital for her training.

Abir looked at Zohal her friend and frowned but nonetheless, she walked to the office after him. It was her dream to be in medical faculty of Kabul and after so much hard work, she finally managed to pass and be a part of the faculty.

After knocking and hearing a faint come in, she entered the office with a smile on her face.

'' Salam sir!''

'' Walaikum salam.'' The old but kind looking man looked at her then looked back to the papers in front of him.

'' Abir!

You did very well in all your semesters. And now is the time to choose your training. Most students are sending in various hospitals but some of them are sending to high name hospitals. You know VIP hospitals. One of them is you since you have done well in all your semesters too and all your grades are perfect. Your name was added to few of the other students who were about to go to military hospital for your training for one year before giving your exit exam and start your practice but then there is a special offer for you.'' The old man quoted with a smile on his face still looking at the papers. Abir smiled and her heart jumped in happiness feeling so much proud of her self but frowned in confusion hearing him.

'' I don't understand sir. What special offer?'' the crease on her forehead lined up her confusion. She was happy when she was added to the list of students who were going to be training in military hospital as trainee's to be a doctor. She wanted to do her training for one year there then after giving her exit exam; she wanted to start her practice. But deep down she knew, that till now, she and her family had managed to pay her fees for her studies. Though now for her training, she would be paying her fee to the university and university will cover it with their listed hospitals where they would be sending their students. But after giving her exit exam, If she passed which she was sure that she will be, then she would be paying again but she knew that though her father and brother will not say a word, but from the look of her sister in law, Abir knew it that she was not happy as Baktash was paying half of her fees but in later years, he was paying it all not letting her father or Mehar who was doing her part time job, to pay. Baktash made her to leave her job and concentrate on her studies and this further more soured her sister in law's mood. she didn't say a word, but Abir heard their fight over her and it made her sad. She couldn't move back now as she was half her way but she couldn't ask for their money too. She was thinking if she could search for a job but then when she can join it as Abir used to leave early and would come 6pm dusk. And her father, brother wouldn't allowed her to work over night though she was against it too. It was causing her stress. Abir had stopped taking money from her brother but her father was paying her pocket money. He was trying his best to not give her much stress but then Baktash was against of his father to pay for Abir's studies as he was doing well and he wanted to accomplish her needs.

Abir couldn't blame Sadaf (her sister in law). She had a young daughter and she was thinking about her or their future. It was not hidden that Sadaf wanted to start her separate life but Baktash was not ready to leave his father.

'' Abir!

Are you listening?''

She jerked from her thoughts and looked at her dean. She smiled and nodded her head.