// 8 //

It's hard to appreciate the little beauties of family until you experience extreme solitude and loneliness takes over your days like a dark cloud in the middle of the day. They beauty of the small happiness fades away as your mind is not processing what is happening.

Loneliness!

You feel lonely not when no one cares about you, but when someone you expect to care, doesn't care about you at all. With this feeling, you are not dead but not alive either. You are just a ghost with a beating heart.

And she was feeling the same!

Being surrounded with kind people, still she was missing the warmth of the one she wanted to feel. And the worst feeling is when you exactly don't know what have you done so far. Veeda was oblivious to this as she was not getting what she did wrong as Hammad was ignoring her.

The cold wind of December brushed her face and made her aware that she was standing in the backside garden as there were no guards there. Wrapping the shawl around her, she sighed and remembered the night when she get his milk but find him sleeping putting his hand on his eyes but little did she knew that he was pretending to sleep as there was a storm blazing in his heart and mind. His feelings were scattered and he was feeling only one thing.................. anger.

Pain!

There was pain he felt, which she will never know. It's caused by the absence of her in his life.

He was not a man to let pain affect him. He took responsibility of his family when he was too young for it. He felt pain mentally and physically when he entered army but it made him strong as he was now. But this pain was different as it was burning him alive. Setting him on fire and burning him to ashes.

He did not doubt her. He still knew that she didn't stain his name but he was hurt as how she was being so easy with someone so spineless while he told her to be careful. Hammad was mad on her as he was remembering the messages. There were questions which were disturbing him.

Why was her inbox empty while from the content of the messages it was clear that there must be more but she deleted.

'' ok I promise ''

What did he promised to her?

'' thank you for dropping us ''

She said he dropped her while she avoided him a lot and wanted to come in a taxi but from her message, it looked something else.

'' no I didn't mind it ''

What were they talking about and what she didn't mind . what he did that she didn't mind it?

'' please don't message me again ''

This was something which he couldn't put his finger on it as why she said that to him?

From the content of her messages, it showed that she lied to Hammad and happily came with him as she thanked him too. and he did something when he couldn't read her inbox as what he did that asked her if she minded. But she assured him that she didn't mind it. and later she asked him to not message him?

He knew Veeda even before marriage since she was small as they had an age gap too and he knew that she was always a modest and reserved person. Which would attract him to her apart from her beauty but he never thought of anything else between them, but these messages were putting her in the red line which he was trying to deny. Despite all these, he was called to the HQ as he was promoted to colonel position but his mind was in chaos that he couldn't celebrate it. He was promoted 2 grades above plus his responsibilities increased as he would be commanding brigade – sized units 4000 to 6000 soldiers. With anther colonel or a lieutenant colonel as deputy commander, a major as executive officer, and a command sergeant major as a senior non – commissioned officer ( NCO ) adviser. He would be leading a whole team with major ranks and it only meant one thing,