[ CHAPTER 15 ]

It's been so long since he last talked to her. He last saw her, or felt her. He was losing apart inside him his memories were now disheveled and fell apart.

Aaban stared out of the window and saw the sky was crying along with his heart. Sky was covering its tears with the rain drops of silence, in the process of covering its own tears. Then slowly turned off its light and then darkness spread across. He sighed and turned back to her who was lying emotionless, unaware of his bleeding heart.

The ugly wound on her forehead, the dark circles under her weary eyes, her hollow cheeks bones, marred with ugly bluish bruises, her plump lips were cut and dry scattered his heart. He promised to protect her but he failed again. She was so pale and lifeless that he wondered whether she was breathing or not but the beeping sound of the ventilator, was the only sound of life in her along with the fog on her oxygen mask. His eyes went to her tiny wrists. They had the same ugly bluish marks with some deep scratches too. He closed his eyes not bearing to see the bruises on her body.

He took a sharp breath with clenched jaw as he remembered in what position he found her.....

FLASH BACK

'' how can you be so sure that he cannot find her in our basement?'' Umar inquired hiding his phone back in his pocket safely making sure that Aaban hear them. Usman walked to him and arched his brow. Umar swallowed through his dry throat fearing to be caught.

'' what the fuck are you talking about?'' he hissed looking rather to kill his brother along with Mehar who was a pain in his ass too.

'' I..... I mean.'' He paused and cleared his throat getting all eyes on him. '' I mean look lets be practical. You cannot hide her here I mean in our basement for long, we need to shift her from here. Our house is under his and police's control and they still don't know that we are in this same mansion but in basement. It will not take longer for them to find us.'' He quoted but with a poker face trying hard not to lose his face. Internally he was sweating like hell but he had to look like nothing was wrong. Usman kept looking at him but he looked at his father who was deep in thoughts.

'' we don't have other place to hide her. what do you think uncle?'' Awalmir asked looking at Mr. Durrani who looked at Usman.

'' he cannot find her.'' Usman snickered and walked back to the sofa. He sighed and closed his eyes. It was one day now that they had fewer places to sleep since there was no bed on the adjoined room and some slept on sofa while some on floor or seats. Umar's whole eyes were on Mehar being fully drugged and unconscious. His heart was playing for her heart to not stop beating. Mr. Durrani's back was aching now. And they were dreading on the two hours they gave to Aaban. And what Umar was saying was not wrong either.

'' why so?'' Umar asked further to help Aaban who was hearing everything with a beating heart. he was sweating excessively waiting with anticipation. His heart was drumming painfully in his chest. Aaban gestured Haroon who walked to him and he put the phone on speaker.

'' let's cut here ok. We have no place outside to keep her nor can we keep her here. It's still our special sources that help Umar to get us food or else we would starve to death. The mansion is under them, aunt and Rabia too, our positions or career or our party all are gone mayhem now. It is almost 2 hours now. We need to call him and finish this. Beating her or drugging her is not what we should do. We need money to leave that's all we ask which it is a hard task but let's see what Mr. Aaban does to save his wife. just call him straight and finish it.'' Awalmir beseeched looking at Mr. Durrani who was deep in thoughts. Defeat was clear on his face. He knew that he had lost everything. If he surrender to police, he will face the prison for so long. And so his son.