[ CHAPTER 17 ]

The sky grew darker painted blue on blue one stroke at a time into deeper and deeper shades of night. The winds were dying and the rule of silence was taking place of glittering stones. In the quiet of that place, in the dark of the night, the senses of their hearts were awake. In the stillness of the soul, the silence of their souls were speaking the chaos inside them. He drank her silence along with his. His heart was at peace seeing her after such a long time while her heart radiated with different emotions that was confusing her.

The silence was thick that could be cut with a knife but the tinkling of her bangles were creating the only voice in the car yet it was adding more fire in his heart.

Aaban drank her silence like liquor and it wrapped him in the warm blanket of peace. Few inches distance between them, yet he could smell her and fell all of her, hopelessly and endlessly. His soul will always be lifted when she walks into the room or his blood will always dance when her breath passes through him.

It was weird but he felt so much involve in her.

Her heart was beating faster, her mind blocked and cheeks tainted red. She was feeling all kind of emotions that could explain herself but she couldn't find any. She was nervous, giddy, and dreadful...... happy!

Her senses were jumbled up and her mind was boggled.

She had survived, she was a survivor.

Somewhere between what she survived, and she was becoming, was exactly where she was meant to be. She was starting to love the journey. And find the comfort in the quiet corners of her wildest dreams. They say people don't change...... well, she wasn't always this way. Even if she didn't change the entire world, she would change her part of it. And she would affect the people she shared it with. A butterfly, whose wings have been touched, can indeed still fly. Whether something was meant to be, or meant to leave, didn't matter as much anymore. She would soak up the sun, kiss the breeze, and she would fly regardless.

Mehar cannot say anyone helped her to stand on her feet after falling from a sky scrapper, but it was her god who helped her build her steam and............. Him!

She was trying to stand and he was holding her ground.

She was taking wobbly, tiny and finally steady steps and Aaban was clearing her path.

She was trying to fly and he was keeping his eyes on her.

Mehar swallowed hard as she peeked at him from her peripheral eyes. His jaw was clenched and he was breathing hard like he was suppressing something.

The mandible of his jaw clicking hard, the stubble on his face was giving him craggy look. He was handsome beyond any word to explain.

He was a tall, lean yet muscular frame of a man clad in an expensive black three piece suit, shoulders broad and arms looked strong as his one hand was holding the steering wheel while other was holding the gear.

Her eyes assessed him more.

It was one of the most handsome faces she had ever seen. A strong jaw set in firmly with light stubble dusted on it, a strong nose that was crooked a little but it suited his sharp features along the high cheekbones. Suddenly her breath stopped when Aaban looked at her craning his head to hers. Her breath hitched.

His entire being exuded confidence, power and supremacy. She felt cold shiver run down her spine as his intense ebony eyes looked at her. His eyes stared at her shrewdly before looking back at the road made her uncomfortable being caught at staring at him. A smirk appeared on his face.

'' you can look at me all you want. I am your husband.'' His voice appeared amused. He reveled on the fact the she was staring him.

He was spell bound by her beauty the moment he laid his eyes on her, but he never thought that he will see her more beautiful after each passing day.