// 2 \\

Violence breeds violence. Acts of violence committed in justice or in affirmation of rights or in defense of peace do not end violence. They prepare and justify its continuation.

Cruelty!

Ghosts, vampires, and devils shouldn't scare us but a cruel heart, devoid love and compassion is truly terrifying. The real monsters have always worn a human face. There are so many monsters in this world and all of them are called humans. Some souls are so dark that it spike to their face of cruelty and violence.

Violence and cruelty like two incognito siblings. Going hand and hand, writing destinies and nemesis.

But is it written in our destiny?

Sometimes the road of life takes an unexpected turn and we have no choice but to follow it to end up in the place we aren't suppose to be.

Nahal's life took a 360 degree malice turn as from her noble life and place, she ended up in a posada being traded and sold.

Breathing deeply, Nahal drifted to consciousness. Her eyes felt heavy and her whole body ached but she fought against it and rubbed her face with her tizzy hands to get rid of the drowsiness. But her whole body was feeble to any movement. Nahal yawned and tried one more time to stretch her body. She hissed and almost screamed when a sharp pain radiated on her foot. Looking at herself she was shocked to find herself in a full length cap sleeve tunic maxi in royal blue reaching till her anklets. It had a sweetheart neck line with elastic on waist. It was cling to her body showing her curves but nor revealing. this made her to panic making her to forget her pain and she abruptly stood up only to fall back cause of the excruciating pain on her foot. Nahal was panting and crying now. Her tears were streaming nonstop. She crawl back from bed to a corner of the room. glancing to herself one more time, bad demons started crawling to her mind. She started to think unthinkable about herself.

'' who changed my clothes?''

All this time, she has been saving herself and trying hard to be saved. Now it looked like she was been fooling herself as her resolve was breaking and so her patience.

'' Have been molested?

Where is this place?'' her tears were making her eyes blurry but she managed to look around the large room. Looking around the room, it caught her in a daze as her eyes scanned the Vatican painted designs and Michelangelo's replica painting of the Sistine chapel lavishing the ceiling.

This made her more confuse and scared. Her eyes further went to cream color walls with arch design oak color doors. Her neck ached and so the sockets of her eyes as she moved them to view more of the room. The room was set with med century modern furniture, made of dark wood and oak. Nahal was not one who had no idea of designs as she looked around and realized that the room was in modern Arabic designs screaming money and luxury. The curtains were white with a contrast of cream. a beautiful set of Arabic lampshade Moroccan lamp hanging chandelier lighting the ceiling. Each lampshade in different color. Looking at the side table with a swan neck lampshade Arabic mosaic lamp. King size oak bed with cream bed sheet. The darkness outside was clearly visible to her eyes. It showed it was dusk. She tried to get up again. Nahal staggered but managed to peek through the window. It was dark outside but the court yard, the salam, the ghaf and the sidr trees were telling her the unthinkable. Roaming her eyes further she looked at umbrella shaped trees. Nahal looked at guards wearing uniforms with their guns in their hands roaming around. It looked like a mansion or qasir. The design of majaz ( entrance ) and malqaf ( wind catcher ) or the mashrabiyya ( wooden lattice bay windows ) made her think the implausible.

Her heart sank to the pit of her stomach. She gasped and staggered toward the door. Nahal banged the door few times but there was no one to answer her. Her weak hands were paining and looking at her hands, Nahal could see bluish marks on her hands. Checking it further, she realized that she has been in glucose drips. She wanted to check her foot but it was bandaged. But cause of her movements, the bandage was soaked in her blood. That's when she remembered that she was shot!