36.

This chapter is dedicated to purplelove_55 for your lovely votes and comments.
Love you (times a hundred)💕

*

I kept on adjusting my school uniform.

Yes! School uniform!

I was resuming school lessons in the JDC today and it felt so weird.

First of all...

We didn't even wear uniforms back in Ashton High.

And secondly...

I wasn't used to dressing in a confined place with no mirror at all.

Roxie seemed comfortable with it, her green shirt tucked perfectly and effortlessly into her black skirt.

I wonder how she manages to look this good with an extremely flat tummy when she clearly eats like an animal. I mean she literally ate all the food I brought back to the cell a few days ago and I didn't even take a spoon out of it.

Okay...maybe I took one...or two...or maybe three, or four...or more...

But that wasn't the case here.

I had to go on an extremely strict diet and a little cardio to maintain my shape and it's not fair for someone to still look that intact without even trying.

"You look good...just stop it already," she complained, staring at me.

"Stop what?"

"You know what I'm talking about, you're behaving like you're going on a run way or something...it's just school...and not even a normal standard school, just a normal lesson period in a JDC."

"I know...but I don't just feel comfortable and to be honest, I feel kinda nervous, after everything that had happened, school as a while kinda scares me...I don't know how to feel about it plus everyone here is kinda really mean, trust me, y'all scare the crap out of me," I genuinely replied.

And yes...I've told Roxie all about what happened and what actually got me here in the first place.

"I know, right?" She said before giving out a small laughter.

"You can't blame us for being mean and harsh, most of us learned things the hard way and many of us are still having a hard time," she replied.

"O...k...a...y," I slurred, drying my sweaty hands on my skirt.

School!

Does school have to be everywhere?

I know this is so not me, school had never been a problem to me, rather, I was the one making it a problem for others.

I needed to stop panicking.

Or maybe it was just the fear of having everything I had done in the past back fire against me.

That fear of not being feared.

"Stella! Just stop it! You'll be fine, okay?" Roxie assured, dragging me out of the cell.

I will, will I?

We moved to the cafeteria where we would have our breakfast and I noticed quite a number of children, all dressed in their uniforms.

Girls and boys included with noise and chattering everywhere.

So this amount of children have been detained for one crime or the other, even some as young as twelve.

I was dazzled.

What the heck is the world turning into?

We walked in, Roxie walking boldly in front, greeting others at regular intervals, high-fiving some and stopping a few times for a little chit chat and dry jokes along thr way.