Chapter 8: The Princess of Courage

"Yes, yes I did." Kameko said as one by one the fallen men, women, and children began to regain consciousness of their surroundings, the aura of despair leaving their bodies. "We should get out of here while we still can. I don't think they'll remember what happened and just assume it was some kind of natural disaster."

She put faith in Kameko's words and briskly she and Kameko helped support Lisa, Kibou resting on Kameko's shoulder the entire way.

The road ahead was beginning to crowd, much to Emiyo's fears...if they saw Lisa they'd certainly ask questions...would they get a flash of memory because of it?

As Emiyo began to think these thoughts, Kameko whispered over the sound of confused murmers. "Don't panic."

Emiyo tried her best, as did Lisa, trying to look as normal as possible. A family consisting of a mother, father, and daughter pass by among the crowd of confused people.

The child, a small girl was being held in her father's arms, positively frightened and confused, her eyes skimmed what remained of the town before her.

Lisa felt a twinging pain of homesickness at the sight, and a feeling of anger at what Pride and Envy had done.

Turning her head, she saw a water leakage coming from a store selling fish tanks, and the frantic cries of the store owner. The water itself spilled close to Lisa and she hurriedly moved forward.

It took a while, but they had made it. Lisa was panting heavily with relief when they saw the familiar grandiose building in front of them. It seemed to be awaiting them with it's sparkling doors and windows inviting them inside.

"Ok....so what do we-"

"Already on it." said Kameko, looking at Emiyo confidently and positively glowing. "I'll take both Kibou and Lisa to my room and treat their wounds via shower wise..."

"We're fine---" interjected Lisa as Kibou perked up at the thought.

"You hear something?" asked Kameko sarcastically. "Anywho...I'll use my private bath tube in my dorm room, they should be out in a few hours if all goes well..."

Emiyo raised her eyebrows. "You asked for a private bathtub.....?"

"Don't judge, I like taking showers." Kameko waved her off.

Emiyo searched through the pockets of her sweater and took out her school pass, she gave a quick flick on the machine and the doors opened, one by one, they filed in.

"Hurry!" Emiyo lightly shoved Lisa and Kameko in front of her and Kibou falling behind them. "Get to the dorm, quick!"

They followed suit, until Emiyo made sure Kameko, Lisa, and Kibou were off and out of sight before closing the door, almost praying for no one to notice the fairy Kibou or Lisa's injuries. She went to follow when-

"Ah Ms. Emiyo....what are you doing?" asked the unmistakable voice Emiyo did not want to hear. Before her, arms slightly crossed was the headmistress.

Emiyo's heart seemed to have fallen into her stomach, and she forcibly moved her head to face the woman before her.

"Oh, headmistress...well I..." Emiyo placed her ID pass inside her pocket. "I...er...."

Emiyo was not very good at improvising on the spot. The headmistress raised an eyebrow, the thin wrinkles forming on her head became visible, before clearing her throat. "Were you perhaps simply visiting the nearby town?"

"Yes ma'am!" said Emiyo, very loud and abruptly. She nodded her head, cheeks puffed.

Headmistress Augustine nodded, smiling, a little perplexed. "Of course. Now hurry along..."