Chapter 10: A Droplet of Genesis

The crystal clear sunset cast it's light below with the fluffy clouds casting shadows below. The hues of orange complimented these colors with what appeared to be a dream-like gaze. The constant curling of the waves from the rivers, the sound of frolicking people. Their voices of chatter with the occasional screams.

Screams?

As if a someone had turned off the light, both colors of the sky and fluffy crowds vanished without a trace. In its place was a murky color that overshadowed even the stars in the usual night skies that had appeared the day before. Magnifying sounds and flashes of lightning overtook the skies...

The shouting intensified tenfold, it became overwhelming, even over the stampeding of legs. Each house, shop, and even fields, once filled with beauty and comfort, were being destroyed from all sides. 

"So this is how much the Noble Kingdom changed, hm?" said the voice of a purple young woman who appeared before the chaos, smiling.

The Princess of Courage leaped forward, sword raised. "Pride..." She sneered, her face filled with disgust.

"Courage..." Pride repeated, pushing her sword in a downward motion. "Its been sixty years hasn't it? Where's Cure Chevalier? Oh wait, she's probably an old lady by now..."

"How are you here?" she said, raising her sword higher, Pride jumped back cackling. "With a bit of help...but other then that with the rest of my siblings..."

"Onee-chan!" came a small girl's voice. Princess Courage whipped her head around, fear escalating from every inch of her body at the sound of her youngest sister.

A wine-purple haired girl who had the physical features of a fourteen year old, rushed over. Panting slightly, her crystal and violet clear eyes surveyed her surroundings in horror.

The Princess of Hope, however held her ground and tried her hardest to look brave.

"Oh, right...Princess Hope is still the runt of the litter." came the distinct voice of a young man. He appeared just as suddenly as Pride had. Having jet-black hair, bloody red eyes, and pale skin, he raised a hand at where the youngest princess stood.

"Don't you dare touch her!" yelled the Princess of Courage seeing red, watching both Pride and the wretched man. "Don't worry onee-chan! I won't sit around like last time! I'm definitely a lot stronger!" the youngest princess extended her arms in front of her, trying her hardest to reassure her elder sister.

The young man, Wrath, cracked his knuckles. "Sure...Let's check out this "a lot stronger" self."

A swift flash of movement and he tossed her into the air with such force Princess Hope let out a significant gasp for breath that hurt her lungs. She floated about in mid air and narrowly missed Wrath by a mere hair.

''Hope!" said Princess Courage, with a kind of hysterical scream. Watching her sister swerve attack after attack infuriated her immensely.

"We saw the explosion and---onee-sama!?" yelped the rushing eldest son, Prince Justice, his face scowling and aghast as his eldest sister was about to take on Pride.

Princess Courage swore. "They come back. They're here..."

Behind Prince Justice were the other siblings, all of who were clenching their fists, faces filled with anger and anguish.

"But of course," said Pride properly, surveying the group with a mad smile, and even smiled as Princess Hope just barely swerve a second attack to her neck. "I wouldn't have come alone." She took a step back.