Chapter 33: Emiyo the Student Council President?!

Emiyo landed face first, making contact with the pillow.

She breathed in and out. In and out. Forcing her muscles to relax. All that running had most certainly tired her out.

Emiyo heard the thumps of the others as their bodies slammed into cushions and pillows. Everyone was breathing hard.

She wanted to stay here, to be able to relax without being attacked or chased down. But her rumbling stomach said otherwise.

Kameko however, was nervous of appearing. Vanishing for a day with an excuse was fine, disobeying orders for the sake of a dying friend was fine, but skipping class with no visible excuse available? Unbelievable!

She envisioned the headmistress's face when she saw her appear in the halls:

A deeply surprised and astonished headmistress clasped both hands over her mouth, the scenery covered in purple and black light."I can't believe you!!"

After that came a second scene, this one in black and blue light. Tears came from her green eyes, sobbing madly. "A disgrace indeed! Such a waste of a student!"

Next came a face filled with anger. Red like the background around her. Hands were balled into fists. Steam seemed to erupt from her nose and ears.

"Someone like her doesn't deserve to be here! Your status has been revoked!"

Now herself. Who seemed smaller than ever. Her eyes widening as she fell into the abyss below. Holding a hand out as she fell, uttering a single word:

"NO!"

Kameko shuddered, forcing her mind to think towards the present. It's fine. It's all good. She thought back to Lisa's parents.

They knew. They could bail her out. Yes. Yes! She didn't know Kibou had sent them back to Osaka by teleportation. She figured they were still in London!

"Come on!" she yelled, standing up and looking down on them. "We've got to get going! Hurry up now! Any time wasted will be used against us!"

Unwilling to, but forced by the reminder of getting in trouble, no longer motivated by the prospect of adventure, Lisa and Emiyo faced reality. They walked out and left the fairies to catch Kandai-sa up to current events. "Go-oshi..."

The trio was holding their breaths. Walking down the hallways, they were sure their own hearts were loud enough for everyone to hear. Lisa clenching and unclenching her fists. "At least three hours...can't have been more...could it?" she whispered to no one in particular. Emiyo and Kameko shuddered.

There she stood. Arms crossed. Standing before them. Menacingly.

Now Emiyo felt a twinge of regret. She was opening her mouth, to utter some sort of excuse. To leasen the disappointment. She walked ahead of the others. But she saw her movements. They were slowed.

Slurred even.

"What?" she said instead. "Headmistress?" Emiyo waved her hand in her face. She looked up. "Emiyo?" she said softly, and swore she heard the sound of a cord snapping. The headmistress looked up in alarm, her green eyes staring at her with a puzzled expression. "Emiyo-san...what are you doing out of class?"

"But class..." she stammered, unsure what she should and shouldn't say. Emiyo decided to trust her own instincts. "is over...isn't it?"

"Really?" Headmistress Augustine said, staring at her watch. "But the last time I checked. You, Kameko-san, and Lisa-san were heading outside. Odd."

"Yes. Yes indeed it is." Emiyo said, "Perhaps time went much faster than usual?"

"Perhaps." she saw Kameko and Lisa, and gave a nod, reassuring herself. "But please head on to your next class, lunch, or club meeting. I wouldn't expect it, but be careful of skipping class."