Chapter 5: A Hint of Spite

They hadn't spoken in days, nor bothered to look at one another.

It was stiff conversation, if any at all. Both of them brushed past one another in the halls and avoided each other during lunch.

Lisa didn't know who to talk to at times. She mostly spoke with Emiyo as even Kameko was giving her the cold shoulder, but not as much as with Emiyo herself.

"...And that's how you solve that problem for precalculus..." Kameko said to Lisa flatly during their math class almost a week later. "Hope you understand."

"I do." Lisa said tentatively. "Thank you Kameko."

She had no idea who was suffering the most, Emiyo or Kameko. Over time she began speaking with the little bunny fairy, Kibou more then ever.

"I've never seen such a thing-bou." she said to Lisa about an hour later. "Last Holy Knight never faced such problems-bou..."

That brought out a thought. Lisa straightened up, her dark navy blue hair bouncing on her back. "I've always wanted to ask this...but, who was the Holy Knight before Emiyo?"

Kibou fidgeted from side to side before answering. "I don't remember much-bou, I only saw glimpses of her when she came to the Noble Kingdom-bou. But she was always able to defeat the Taizai alongside her normal life-bou."

"So in reality," Lisa raised a dark eyebrow. "your not entirely sure..."

Kibou pouted. "Well if my memories weren't as scattered I would remember-bou..."

"Scattered?" asked Lisa leaning forward. "What do yo mean scattered?"

"Well-bou," Kibou looked back at her. "even I'm not sure, but it must have been the war-bou."

"The war...as in the big battle between the Deadly Sins and the Seven Princesses and Princes...?"

Kibou nodded.

"Where would we find the first princess or prince and their fairy, anyway?" asked Lisa, pulling up her laptop. "Surely they're here somwhere on Earth..."

"They must be in an exotic place or somewhere where strange things have been happening-bou!" she flew towards her shoulder, and landed there beside her.
Lisa smiled. Not everything was lost or at the very least, confusing as ever.

"Then let's research those places." she clicked on the search icon and began to type.

She was definitely anxious. Very anxious. But she would not show it. She would not show such weakness, espcially now that she would surely be in hot water.

"Your afraid aren't you...I would be too if I was a constant failure..." came a distinct voice. Pride sneered and stopped in her tracks. "Shut it...Envy."
"Hah, we may be siblings, but family are just strangers who share the same blood."

This was not the person she was expecting to meet. The fire crackled a few ways away from her. She turned around, ready to speak back to her sister.

"I'll be happy to take your place, you know?" she added with relief and relish. "It's exhausting just watching and waiting from afar, hmm?" she leaned forward from the shadows. She was a taller woman then Pride, with lime green eyes, a similar suit like Pride's only a mint green, and glossy bush-like pear colored hair.

"The others want to get out and move about..." she whispered in Pride's ear, her caramel skin illuminated by the glow of the fire The shadows around the two expanded across the room. "They won't be patient much longer...''

"I'm nearly there." she said with batted breath. "Don't rush me, Envy."
"But I'm not." she said softly, her fingers playing with Pride's orchid color hair. "I'm just reminding you our goals and how much I want to step onto the stage of triumph..."
Pride bite her lip, clenching her fists. "Maybe you should just shut your stinking mouth."