Chapter 16: The Prince of Justice

"We're heading out!"

"Have fun!" called their mother from the kitchen. "I'll make you lunch so you can eat later!"

"Thanks!"

Making sure to close the door behind her,
Emiyo grinned happily.

"Hurry! I want to get going..." Kameko said impatiently. Both Kibou and Yuki were by her side waiting patiently.

"Coming! Coming!" Emiyo yelled back, taking her hand from the doorknob.

Both twins wore matching sweaters and leggings. Emiyo's hair was pulled into a ponytail, similar to Kameko's only longer.

The sun was shining brightly, casting shadows on the sidewalk and a few trees here and there. Few clouds were visible, making it a wonderful day to go for a run.

Having, these thoughts in her head, Emiyo had been more then willing to go with her twin and the fairies.

"The trick to running for long periods of time is keeping a steady pace. If you run at full speed you'll get tired much quicker if you had simply started slow. It's also ok to take breaks you don't have too run the entire time...But taking breaks doesn't mean you stop, you walk instead." Emiyo told Kameko as they broke into a jog.

"Slow and steady wins the race, huh?" she added, with a smile. "I can do that."

"Us too-bou!" Yuki turned to her younger sister with a devlish grin. "Race you oneechan-bou!"

"Oh your on-ki!" Yuki's tail wagged excitedly.

"Ah, be careful or you'll be---nevermind." Emiyo started, but the two fairies were already speeding ahead before she finished.

"Let them be." Kameko said, watching the two swirls of violet and red light zoom in the sky. "I think they deserve it."

"Yeah I'm just scared someone'll see them..." Emiyo told her with a deep sigh. To ease her worries, she watched her sister's and her movements.

"Now add bigger jumps to your running---that's it..."

Kameko followed Emiyo's advice precisely, her face lit up at her sudden improvement.

"It seems a lot easier to run..." she added. "A lot better then before."

Emiyo continued to keep pace with Kameko, giving her thumbs up and motivation whoops and cheers.

"Need a break?" she asked a few minutes later, Emiyo noticed Kameko slowing down. Her face appeared to be growing slightly red.

"N-n-no...I can keep going..." she spluttered with gasping breaths.

"Kameko." Emiyo shouted indignantly and stopped running.

"Fine." Kameko followed suit and sat down on the nearest patch of grass close to her. "I'll take a break."

Emiyo looked pleased with herself and sat next to her. They were sitting on a small lump-sized hill that surveyed a small stream below.

"I've been thinking..." Kameko said suddenly.

"Of what?" Emiyo looked at her sister who had a purposeful face.

"On how concidental I stumbled upon Envy the same day we came back from London..." she looked slightly perplexed, but a revelation was apparently visible in her face. "She had been relaxing on my sycamore tree..."

"She attacked you in a sycamore tree? Wait---why did you say my sycamore tree?"

Kameko ignored this and opened her mouth to speak but she had apparently heard her, for her face looked slightly pink.