Chapter 34: Kameko Can't Cook? A Promise Worth Keeping!

"A little over here...a bit over there... and...finally finished!"

Emiyo stood in the mirror, holding up a pair of scissors, staring at herself in delight. She wanted to begin her new role as student council president with a more mature and grown up look.

Emiyo hadn't cut much, her hair remained almost the same except it no longer reached her upper thighs, but her back instead

She happily took out a pink headband, admiring it at first, than placing it firmly on her head, keeping all her hair from falling all over her face.

"So cute and mature-hi!" Jihi, said happily, watching Emiyo's transformation. She was eating one of her cookies too.

"Of course!" Emiyo pointed a finger at the sky. "Today's my first day, I gotta look sharp as a president!" She put a hand over her chin and let out a high pitched laugh.

"I think your overdoing it-hi..." Jihi said, eyebrows raised and Emiyo immediately stopped her noblewoman-like laugh.

"Your right, sorry...." her hand dropped and she went to pick up the bag by the door.

"See you!" Emiyo called out, closing the door behind her. "Bye bye-hi!" cheered Jihi.

Once she was gone, Jihi decided now would be a good time to kick back and relax. Kibou, Yuki, Masayoshi, and Kandai-sa were outside with Lisa who was practicing for the upcoming Cinderella play, which had been delayed for quite some time.

And so, the deer fairy sat on one of the plush cushions, curling up for a nice sweet nap that awaited her---when the door burst open. Jihi fell off the cushion in fright.

Kameko burst in, looking absolutely terrified. She slammed the door hard behind her and slumped to the ground. "Please help me...I made a big mistake!" she called out in a high pitch voice, staring at Jihi with pleading eyes.

"Eh-hi?" she asked, blinking. "Kameko made a big mistake-hi?"

_____________________________

Apparently the mistake Kameko had made was a big one...Jihi was quick to find out:

She lied to the Cooking Club that she was talented at making all sorts of Japanese cuisine since the club had been lacking in that aspect.

"But," Jihi pointed out blantly obviously, adding more salt to the wound. "if you knew you didn't know how to cook even a little, why did you tell them that you could?"

Kameko looked guilty, she didn't look the fairy in the eye as she opened her mouth.

"I was taunted...by the same person yet again..." she whispered. "Male."

"Oh that boy you punched a day and a half ago-hi?" Jihi said calmly. She remembered being told of the occassion by Lisa.

Jihi let her imagination roam free, thinking of an exaggerated sequence of events involving a buff Kameko knocking a stick-like boy off the face of the planet. So much for being the prime fairy version of Mercy. She could be a total savage.

"YES!"

The mention of his existence angered her. She raised her hand, balling it into a hard fist as if he was in the room with her at this moment."That little devil, Ezekiel is his name, is part of the Cooking Club...I heard him insulting Japanese food. The rest came out...naturally..." she whispered that last part. "Anyway! Now they're all coming to me for advice and trying to get me to cook something Japanese. Knowing all the food from a textbook and experience is one thing, but actually making it..."

"Right-hi..." Jihi didn't look completely convinced. "I don't know anything about Japanese cuisine, but I do know the basics. Back home I usually did all the meals when we weren't rotating them-hi." she added.