Chapter 44: The Files in the Warehouse

"Can you tell me for what purpose is writing a narrative important?"

Kameko's hand rose farther than anyone else's."Narrative writing tells a story. It can be nonfiction or fiction. An example is telling someone a story about an event or incident that happened to you in a day."

"Yes, however I did not call on you Kameko."

She lowered her hand and looked back at her notes.

"Up next, who was completed their assigned notes-----nobody?"

This time Lisa rose her hand and urged Kameko to raise hers as well.

"A pity. You'll all be receiving extra homework for this week."

A loud groan resounded from every desk until Flockhart rose to her full height and silenced them. "Put your hands down."

Kameko and Lisa stared at one another and went back to their notes.

"An essay," Flockhart tapped the chalkboard. "on the fundamentals of rhetorical analysis and their influence in modern writting-----SILENCE!"

Murmers of annoyance and agitation quieted down as Flockhart continued with her lesson.

She taught English, Scottish, and lead advisor of the Newspaper Committe.

Or was it club? Kameko couldn't really remember, she tried not to think too hard about Flockhart besides this class.

She loved to give out notes. Ones that made Kameko's hand hurt. Flockhart enjoyed walking around, criticizing almost everyone's writing.

"No no Lilac, I specifically said for five sentences not seven." her heels clanked as she walked up the aisle.

"I see Seamus forgot to title his...How will you remember which section it is?"

Flockhart stopped in front of Lisa. She gave her notes a hard look. ''Written just as I demonstrated. Didn't burst into tears or get sick, did you?"

"No." Lisa said flatly, looking at her pencil as Flockhart moved on.

"Where is Emiyo?" Flockhart looked around for the older redhead.

"She changed schedules." Kameko replied, a hand on her cheek.

"Said student council and fencing were taking up her schedule."

Flockhart turned on her. "Was it too much for her to handle?"

"It was not." Kameko retorted, her pale red eyes staring back at Flockhart. "You'll be seeing her tomorrow, unless you can't handle not making rude remarks."

She was already walking out the door with her belongings before Flockhart could say another word.

"Kameko!" Lisa said less then half an hour later, sounding both stunned and impressed. The two walked to the library.

"Served her right!" Kameko said, pushing a strand of ginger hair over her shoulder. "Throwing shade at students. Why teach if all your going to do is seek perfection on the first try?"

Kameko realized what she said and bit her lip. Lisa took notice and smiled.

"Your turning into Emiyo."

She said nothing as she opened the door, Lisa waving as Kameko disappeared in the shelves of books.

She walked the way she had come. The prospect of using new fabric for dresses excited her so much Lisa jumped, squirting droplets of water on the marble floor.

On her way to the Fashion Club door Lisa noticed the roster on the door, her grin growing even wider as she looked at the names of her fellow clubmates.