Chapter 21: Fire Power

Emiyo was still pointing at both brothers with genuine anger and resolution.

They looked slightly unfazed, Wrath continued to laugh. "Oh you lot are quite interesting..."

But his face and tone abruptly changed, as if remembering something far more important then Emiyo declaring war. Wrath looked at the abandoned shed and the darkened sky above, before speaking---

"But I'm not really in the mood to fight."

The momentum Emiyo built up faded with every second that passed.

"What?" she said over the hoot of an owl.

"You heard me," Wrath stretched out, arms behind his head. "It's no fun, especially after you broke my spell..."

An overwhelming amount of anger began to course through her veins.

What occurred next happened so fast that not only did no one noticed it coming, nor that Emiyo and Kameko had moved.

A dash. A rush of adrenaline. A whirl of pink and red. The blink of an eye.

It wasn't until he felt both punches to the face that he realized the twins had wordlessly transformed.

They looked up at him, eyes filled with fury. Cure Chevalier and Cure Virtue.

"Think again."

Before pulling away, both horses galloped forward. Sloth nor Wrath could raise a single finger, they were paralyzed.

The rainbow horse stopped before Wrath. It's multicolored eyes stared back at him. They seemed to root him to the spot.

He had no idea why...why he continued to look into those eyes, transfixed even.

It was just a horse made out of solid-like material, not even a real one to be exact. Nothing more, nothing less. But why couldn't he stop looking at it?

"It's you..." he found himself whispering. Wrath pointed at the rainbow horse with definite certainty, his eyes widened. "Back then, sixty years ago---you're still fighting alongside Cure Chevalier?"

He then craned his neck to see the second horse transform into a phoenix.

"Your the second one...A hybrid..." Wrath muttered. It stared down Sloth, the fire in it's eyes burning bright.

"I...don't...like this..." Sloth said in his dreamy voice. "It looks like I'm seeing into the pits of hell..."

"Is this what she said she'd do before she sealed us...?" they both whispered.

"Well whatever she said," said Chevalier, watching the two struggle."We will make it come true."

Together, the twins raised their hands high in the air, deciding what names to give their new allies:

"Yume-chan!"

"Akari-chan!"

They gladly obeyed to their new names. Yume and Akari joined the cures' side.

"This a warning." Virtue said, stroking her pet phoenix before taking a glimpse at Sloth."Mess with us again..."

"Things won't go as smoothly as today." said Chevalier, pointing a finger at Wrath.

"Be sure to let King Sylvester know as well."

There was nothing more to do. Both brothers felt the paralyzing sensation cease at once with the revelation.

The twins were smiling, cold and satisfying that they angered Wrath. If it hadn't been for Sylvester's orders, he would have fought them then and now.

Sloth covered up a yawn and disappeared. At least he didn't care about being shamed, but Wrath felt vengeance course through him. Giving the cures one last look, he stopped and stared at Lisa.