Chapter 36: A Memory and A Friend

It hurt to look any more. Unimaginable rage pulsated from her that intimidated everyone around her.

"Take us outside. Now."

She seemed to have become a different person entirely. One she often reserved for her alter ego and refused to show as Emiyo.

No one said anything. No one was the least bit surprised, Kibou was already glowing in color, radiating the only source of light other then the moonlight.

Beyond the window was absolute darkness, a pit of black and deep blue. A twinkle here and there from the stars. The air was fresh and cool with a blanket of fog surrounding the area. No creature dared stir as a slight pout of disapproval came out of her lips.

"We were apparently a little too late." Lust said folding her arms, staring at the creature in absolute disgust.

"Would energy such as this suffice even if they're a shapeshifter?"

"Yes Lust." Sylvester said. "After all curses are evil, the darkness that arises from a human. Their pride, envy, sloth, greed, lust, gluttony, and wrath is only one section."

Lust extended a hand, eagerly at the creature staring back at her. A full-grown wolf. "In the end, your no better then us, are you...you little freak..."

"Precure Switch~on!"

"The maiden of Chivalery, Cure Chevalier!"

"The sovereign pucelle of protection,
Cure Virtue!"

"Free like the sea, Cure Liberté!"

"Heart, Mind, and Soul as one! Protecting Earth, the Heavens, and Sea! Sparkle! My True Knight Precure!"

Lust pulled away, smiling to the tune of their voices. She willingly tapped her foot impatiently and waited for their little transformation sequence to end.

"I hope your prepared." Chevalier spat as she and Lust butt-heads.

"Should you really be saying something like that?" Lust said, using very little effort to hold Chevalier's fist in her hand.

"When your so far away from winning?" A cold look appeared on her face. The dark sky seemed to magnify her slender appearance.

Shadows passed through her eyes. As she swung, Chevalier pulled away, allowing her heels to scrape the grass.

Everything was silent, except the battle cries of her allies and the footsteps of her enemies.

"Why shouldn't I?" Chevalier taunted, balling her fists before raising them to neck-level. She couldn't rely on her eyes, only her ears.

Focus. Focus. Focus.

Chevalier didn't hear the others, maybe Virtue and Liberté had somehow been able to push him back.

Running footsteps, the smell of wet grass, she was moving about. Chevalier wasn't sure where to turn to. Her eyes closed, straining her ears to hear anything out of the ordinary.

The sway of the trees, the hooting of a stray owl, the prancing of foxes---just when she heard it, Lust emerged in front of her, arm bent behind and trailing with blue light.

Chevalier took a step back, her heels extending as far as they could go. Without a second to waste Chevalier removed her flower decoration from her head and tossed it into the air.

"Your the one who should return them back to normal!" she yelled filled with rage, watching both pink and blue colors alike explode in a shower of pastel purple.