Chapter 30: With Determination Comes Freedom

No one noticed was able to notice that the fairies hadn't followed them outside. They stayed, invisible, by Mrs. Oozora's side.

Once everyone was gone, sure that no one would return, perhaps deciding that leaving the grieving mother with her now deceased child was the best course of action.

"Lisa's mama-bou?" Kibou was the first to appear from the shadows, her voice even smaller than usual. Out followed her older siblings.

Of course, there would be no answer. Just like the girls, she was overcome with grief.

Then all of the fairies started to cry, some trying to fight back tears.

"S-s-stop it Jihi-oshi..."

"Y-Y-You s-s-started it-hi..."

Kibou stared at them, her face breaking, and she pouted. "C-c-come on g-g-guys, s-s-she wouldn't want us to c-c-c-c---"

She couldn't say the word without actually doing it. No matter how much they wanted to bring things to normality, it wasn't possible. Jihi turned and watched Mrs. Oozora's dead-like figure.

Her hands were bruised. Filled with scratches, cuts, broken skin, and burns. They didn't look too old.

"Have you----" Jihi started, but she didn't need to finish her sentence to find out.

She soon tried to bang her head on the armrest. "Stop it-oshi!" cried Masayoshi, rushing forward and taking both of her hands into his paws. "Please-oshi..."

Yuki was overcome with anger at her actions. Did she spend the entire week hurting herself?

"Hurting yourself-ki?" Yuki yelled at her, dropping the shield tablet onto the marble floor. "What would Lisa think-ki?"

A single droplet of sweat passed her brow.

"How many children have you lost?"

The answer came so suddenly, Yuki had no time to think.

"How many times have you felt like a worthless piece of existence?"

Once she started it seemed difficult to stop the words from coming out, louder with each sentence.

"Wonder why everything must be taken from you in the blink of an eye?"

Masayoshi, now with Kibou and Jihi, tried their hardest to hold her back.

"So much so you wish you could disappear with them so you don't have to suffer anymore? The years I spent in so much pain were nothing...because as long as I exist this will forever continue."

All Yuki could do to help her was embrace her in a long hug. "Lisa told me many things, about how she was feeling, your a good mama aren't you-ki?"

A small sound erupted from Mrs. Oozora's lips. Intentional or not, none of them knew.

"You took her in, clothed her, fed her, raised her, gave her love and affection, made her feel as if she belonged, she loves you-hi."

Now all of them were trying their hardest to comfort the woman.

"And with that love Lisa has for you, she wouldn't be able to bear you tossing your life away-bou. So would all the other children you lost-bou."

This made her hug them back, their words seemed to have brought a kind of peace to her well-being.

Seeing that she was calmer and no longer trying to hurt herself, Yuki flew down to pick up the shield tablet, and saw the way it was aligned, near the hospital bed.