Chapter 43: Trust in Myself! Mages & Self-Discovery

Apparently Mr and Mrs Takashimizu had only just arrived, having called Lisa's parents. Seeing the calmness of her mother's voice, Emiyo knew Mr and Mrs Oozora hadn't dropped the ball of them being cures.

"We didn't know a festival was going on," Hajime cut in, looking around at the multitude of people.

"And what is that your wearing?" Sakurako looked down at Emiyo's costume with disdain.

Emiyo could feel the desperation in her thoughts and voice.

She had no time for this!

"Club activities," she swallowed. Was Gluttony turning people into monsters at this very moment? "for the children."

"For the children." Sakurako tasted the words."For the Fencing Club." Emiyo added, a strain in her voice. Were Kameko and Lisa all right?

Hajime spoke again, looking around.

"Where's Kameko?"

The quickesr excuse manifested itself in Emiyo's mind.

"Kameko is doing club activities." she said, pointing up ahead. "For both the Book and Cooking Club."

Sakurako and Hajime looked at one another.

"Yes!" Emiyo continued, seeing a difference in their faces besides their usual stock and stern attitude.

"I was returning a lost kid before heading back, we're just about done." For extra measures, Emiyo showed her impatience.

"I assume you would want to meet Headmistress Augustine while I finish up. For grades and performance purposes."

Come on...Emiyo was hoping they'd take the bait. How much they cared about education that they've drilled it into her mind for so long. The couple eyed one another, deciding without words.

Another moment and Emiyo thought of the possible fight she was missing, her mother turned back to Emiyo, giving a quiet nod.

"All...right..." Sakurako hadn't finished when Emiyo was already taking off. She didn't care if it looked rude, she had something more important to think about.

Emiyo revisit the stalls, stands, and people for a second time, jumping over sports equipment from one club. Cries of annoyance and surprise filled her ears. "Sorry!" she said without looking back.

The trail became rougher and rocky, Emiyo's sneakers scratching against the pavement to the end of the festival.

She skidded to a stop.

At least five Taizai were present, their long and abnormal black bodies and bizarre eyes looking down at Emiyo. Pushing them back with everything they had-----

Virtue and Liberté turned around as they slid on the pavement.

"You're late!"

Emiyo bowed her head in a quick apology and brought out her emblem.

"Precure Switch~on!"

"The maiden of chivalry, Cure Chevalier!!"

Chevalier joined Virtue and Liberté and took a long wide look at the five Taizai in more detail.

They seemed dazed, unwilling to thrash around as they'd usual do. Destroying everything in sight.

Peculiar indeed. Chevalier turned back to the festival on the other side of the street.

They were all unaware. But why?

"W-w-w-we already n-n-noticed this-sa." said Kandai-sa who flew to her side. "T-T-They only react when w-w-we make a m-m-m-move-sa."