Chapter 49: Mother and Father

She would not be reckless.

But everything she felt was anger, desperation, and betrayal.

Kameko didn't stop her.

Lisa didn't stop her.

Instead, they both took out their emblems and held them out proudly for them to see.

"So do we,"

Hajime and Sakurako did not look surprised, but they were still upset.

"And die? We know Charlotte died."

Kameko faced her mother. "Yes because I killed Charlotte Augustine."

Sakurako's face turned to stone.

"You mean well...but this is something we can't put on." Kameko didn't blink.

"Sorry Mr. and Mrs. Takashimizu." Lisa said, taking Emiyo by the hand. "Besides----" she led the twins out of the room. "I already have my parents' consent."

Emiyo took the Trinity Lumière with her free hand, a pencil holder that stood next to it came crashing down.

She chose not to look back and moved her legs solely forward.

There was a deep profound sense of sleep.

Emiyo watched them as their chests rose and fell, hugging the Trinity Lumieré to her chest as hard as she could.

She was glad they didn't follow them into Kameko's room. Maybe it was because of the ID pass. She didn't remember Lisa using it to close the door when she helped her go to sleep. The door must not have shut.

Emiyo's fingers briskly touched the last thing Kibou had left. She could feel her heart beating so hard she was sure she'd have a heart attack. Her teeth broke into chatters and Emiyo bit into her right thumb's nail to stop it.

"Evil...darkness...is born from human minds...So their strength and numbers grow in proportion to the population..."

Those words seemed like such a shock, but Emiyo made no effort to defend her earlier statement.

"The negative emotions of mankind created everything. I have no intention of risking my own life to save someone I had no intention of saving in the first place."

Emiyo's voice was stale and souless.

"What would I do if the person I saved kills someone in the future?"

She gave her cheek a hard slap. "Help others. I never thought about those who do did evil or disgusting things."

"I said it was going to hurt...be painful...was it really preaching? I'm still weak. I'm too idealistic. I can't save everyone."

That's right.

The same voice. She heard it before and now knew why she was hearing it.

"Grandfather."

But your role is to protect the world that was carved from the start. Filled with free will. Stop the creation of mankind.

The adorable bunny fairy who had slammed into her face.

Reunite.

The very "manly" badger who refuses to see himself as cute.

But there were so many obstacles, at the very back of her mind she considered running away.

A very amazing cook that had the shape of a deer. There was also a very shy but observant elephant.

"Don't think it." she let the Trinity Lumieré fall on her lap as she covered her ears.