Chapter 9: Let's Try Something New?!

Emiyo was running, her breaths loud and slightly aghast. Her legs moving back and forth. Why had she not looked at the clock? Why had she decided to take an extra snack from the cafeteria? She was so angry at herself. Of all days she had to be late today, the day they would finally get to talk with a ruler of the Noble Kingdom? They day she could finally get her questions answered? Seriously?

The two siblings flew about, eagerly talking among themselves, zooming past the heads of Kameko, and Lisa.

"We have so much to catch up-ki!"
"Definitely-bou!"

"The siblings certainly look happy." Lisa watched Kibou and Yuki continue to circle one another chatting among themselves. Both of the fairies would not stop flying for so much as a second. It made sense, they hadn't seen each other in quite a bit. It's only been about a week since the girls successfully freed the Princess of Courage.

"Emiyo's late, isn't she?" sighed Kameko, looking at her watch. "Oh well..."

She sat on a the grass. They were currently hidden under the leaves of a large weeping willow. Kameko made sure no one would follow, listen, or even disturb them. It was way too risky doing it at the academy. What lie would they have to come up with to describe them talking to someone who wasn't there besides them? And the nearby town was already crowded with lots of people. Last time they were there...well, things hadn't been going smoothly, especially for Kameko.

Kameko was still shaking her head as Emiyo burst through the weeping willow's leaves, panting as she sat down.

"Finally..." said Kameko under her breath.
"Sorry...sorry I wanted fifths at the cafeteria..."

Kameko gaped at her. Emiyo flushed and whistled at this...Lisa picked the sisters from the sky and into her lap. "Is it finally time-ki?" asked Yuki, her tail wagging.
"Yes." Kameko said regaining her senses, blinking slightly. "Yuki-san can you do the honors?"

"Of course-ki!" she barked and closed her eyes. The tawny colored puppy bowed down to the floor. Silence crept inside the weeping willow except for the sudden wind that the leaves blew around them. Emiyo looked down to where Yuki was bowing to see what looked like a ruby red magic circle forming around them. Emiyo, Kameko, and Lisa stepped away from the magic circle almost climbing the tree as the circle continued to increase

For a second nothing happened, and then it stopped. It began to take on a silvery substance appearance that appeared cloudy liquid/gas. A figure began to take shape from within the light, unmistakably the shape of Princess Courage.

They all peered down at the image, Yuki still had her eyes closed, but stepped back in order to give the girls a better view. The Princess herself looked around before seeing the girls in front of her. "Ah, the Holy Knight and her partner..." she said eyeing both Emiyo and Kameko, she then turned to Lisa. "And you are----"

"I'm their private secretary....I work behind the scenes." Lisa glanced up at Princess Courage. "I make sure no one finds out about their identites."

"Ooooh I haven't heard of that before..." the princess said at Lisa, rather curious. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." said Lisa, looking back at the princess of courage. She had no idea as to why, but hersmile made her feel as if the princess was not being completely genuine to her. She wondered if this was because she was not a knight, but quickly ignored these thoughts as all they all looked at Princess Courage expectantly.

"We'd like an actual explanation of everything so far." asked Emiyo. "The first time we met you had to leave for the Noble Kingdom in order to restore and protect your pillar?"

The princess nodded. "Yes. Many apologies...Due to our deep connections being light and darkness the Deadly Sins can easily take control of the pillars. I had to get to the Noble Kingdom as soon as possible, both of us sensed the pillar being liberated. I am now directly connected to my pillar until all six of my siblings are restored. However, I knew that if Yuki-chan would stay behind I'd still be able to aid you with finding my other siblings. Until we'd be freed and you'd be able to fight the Deadly Sins."