Chapter 53: E x o d u s

Each orb gave off a faint glow before taking shape. The head, neck, torso, arms---it all became visible in the blink of an eye.

Still holding onto Aquarius's soul, Chevalier felt her mind blur with anger and revenge.

"You keep on ruining our plans, our hosts." Pride again. Chevalier's bow and arrow reverted back into the Trinity Lumière and excalibur respectively.

"But no matter, we'll still continue to exist."

She'd seen so many die today, innocent people that would rather be hanging out with friends, spend time with their families, living a happy school life that involved a lot of club activities...

Chevalier's emblem absorbed her excalibur, she took hold of the Trinity Lumière. It shone bright, reflecting Chevalier on the screen. "So will we."

Reflected was Pride, Lust, and Sloth--- it displayed their names in gothic ink, and beside the name was a black orb.

At the same time, in fancy letters the names Yuki, Masayoshi, and Jihi were present and beside the names was the shape of a small orb.

Together the two orbs fused together to form: the yin and yang symbol.

Pride grimaced, but Chevalier smiled.

"Unification."

Pride still did not look away, but with a raised hand, the remaining Taizai that were not destroyed by the students came together. Their inhabitants screamed with pain as they were forced together.

"You want to be funny, don't you?" her voice was rough, with a cold laugh that shaked the bones of all who heard it.

"Tis' true we are two sides of the same coin. Light and darkness receiving physical form thanks to human dispute," (behind her a small and stout Taizai, a small child from the town no doubt, was forced to move at an odd angle) "we are countries with the highest magical powers." Pride lowered the Taizai back into the ground with the others, screaming with agony.

Chevalier was still holding onto the orb that was Aquarius' soul. She stood tense, waiting. The yin and yang symbol had not faded.

Kameko moved her head towards Liberté.

"It was...the day..."

Liberté took her hand.

"I...scanned Yuki, Masayoshi, and Jihi..."

"What?" Liberté whispered.

"Trying...to find...out...how it worked...Who knew it'd...be useful..."

The words had just left her mouth when Kameko burst into flames.

Liberté watched, wordlessly as she turned into a fireball; she gave one small sound and a second later there was nothing but a pile of ash on the ground.

Everyone else behind Liberté yelled and screamed. Teachers and students were jerking their heads, searching somewhere for anyth. A student was crying out for Liberté to do something, anything at all.

Then there was movement from the ashes, and Kameko sat up, good as new.

"Kamejo is a phoenix, phoenixes burst into flames when they die and are reborn from the ashes." Liberté handed Virtue her emblem."Welcome back."

Chevalier watched, the seven were still torturing the Taizai.

"Before we knew it, we were tricking, deceiving, and killing and that made us fulfilled." Lust hugged herself tightly.

"Just as the people of this world eat, sleep, and breathe, I think that is our instinct." Sloth whispered, still in a seating position, levitating in the air.