Chapter 48: And Then There Were Four

Princess Hope held out both hands which Virtue, Liberté, and the fairies took hold of them. Kibou was the last, sending the Trinity Lumière back to Emiyo before taking her hand.

"I assume Cure," ----her voice broke----"Chevalier, the new one is resting, correct?"

Virtue and Liberté both nodded.

"This'll be very quick."

It was unlike anything they've ever felt before. There was no bursts of light, no sensation of falling, or even the shattering that came when using the Trinity Lumière.

One second they were a little over the Institute grounds and the other in what appeared to be another dimension.

A marble parthenon-like palace with seven pillars formed a three hundred degree turn. Liberté saw it seemingly float in mid-air, nothing but makeshift clouds seemed to support it.

Liberté was reminded of Mount Olympus in Greek mythology.

Each pillar was the color of the rainbow; red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and purple. At least ten feet high, the seven were perfectly aligned with stenciled images of their respective animal partner.

Once Virtue and Liberté made it to the center and stood on what looked like a small orb engraved on the ground. Princess Hope, without another word, went to her pillar at the very back.

At once the six other royals were immediately present.

Virtue and Liberté bowed before their presence. Even the fairies grew silent as they stared at their partners.

"I'm sure you've been waiting for this." Princess Courage said, pushing her red hair from her face.

"You've done well,"

The rest of the royals were smiling happily. "We're finally together again!" Princess Hope told Kibou happily.

"your goal was to revive us, and you did just that. We're sorry we couldn't fight before."

"That's all right," said Liberté. "You've helped us as much as you could. Princess Courage as a hologram to stall Sylvester and the other Deadly Sins from getting to Oceania first. Or when we fought Sylvester in the dark and Prince Justice spoke through Yuki, trying his best to help."

Prince Justice was scratching his neck, awkwardly and Princess Faith shot him a look. He stopped immediately.

Automatically Yuki, Masayoshi, Jihi, Kandai-sa, Shinkō, Kizoku, and Kibou went to their partners without another look back.

"But we're free now." Princess Courage took a step forward, Yuki on her shoulder as she stepped from her pillar onto solid ground.

"We can now fight."

Virtue's furrowed her eyebrows and took hold of Liberté's hand, pulling her away.

A blast of violet light erupted from Courage's fingers.

"Did you really think it was that simple?" She laughed as Virtue took out her falchion, grasping the hilt tightly.

"All it took was your trust, no----"

Princess Courage and the other royals snapped their fingers.

"the stress of your ordinary lives that clouded your brains."

The fairy siblings were encased and imprisoned in crystals.

Virtue stared, eyes wide but she focused her attention at the seven royals who were changing before her eyes.