Chapter 13: Is It Really All Right to Be Weak?

"Fight you of course."

"Touché..." Envy said looking at Virtue up and down. "You can handle multiple Taizai at once, big deal, but can you handle me?"

She saw Virtue's face change and laughed. "Just like the beginning...when you became my little pawn..."

"Shut up." she whispered.

"I'll shut up." Envy mimicked Virtue's voice with crisp relish, "Once we have a proper duel...Don't you want to settle the score?"

Virtue's lip twitch for a second, but only for a moment, until her sword appeared in hand.

"That's what I thought. Old habits die hard, don't they?"

"I hope your prepared." whispered Virtue, her hold strengthening, with her hand quivering slightly.

"Hohoho..." Envy pressed a finger to her lips, slowly she moved her fingers at her scalp and carefully, with her fingers, played with her green hair, twisting it between her fingers. The only sound that came forth was the howl of sudden wind.

The swish and crackle of the sycamore tree became more pronounced. Its shadows reflected from the sunlight above hit the mossy ground. A step. A flick. A heel click.

And then it started.

Envy was already there, inches from Virtue's nose. She had a hand pulled back and a whisp of green light came from the tips of her hand. Virtue instinctively raised her sword with miliseconds on the clock.

The leaves continued to swirl and whisper. They shook and curled.

She used her other hand to push Virtue's sword to the side, before jumping, Envy aimed her legs at Virtue's chest.

Cure Virtue's sword was slipping from her hand, quickly blocked it, however--

"Tck."

Once Envy pulled back, the force created by the sudden weight being placed on her made Virtue lose her footing.. The ground beneath her caved in slightly.

Envy laughed, still in the air, she fired green snake-like daggers while spinning back and forth before hitting the ground. "Hehehe..."

Virtue swung her sword over herself, her movements were quick as her left hand continued to twist and spin her sword in order to prevent any from hitting her.
Once the rain of dagger stopped, she made a mad dash towards Envy, sword raised.

With quick movements from her right, dust sprayed against the collision of her sword with----Envy's hands.

"Seriously?" she mocked, pushing back her sword. "Not so strong without your partner are you, sixth ranger?"

Virtue ignored this and proceeded to swiftly counteract her opponents continued movements. It wasn't until one of Envy's neon black boots kicked her sword that a mere doplet of sweat fell from her brow and to the ground with a resounding, but silent plop, that she began to grow weary.

"Don't you think it's weird," she whispered gently in Virtue's ear, she raised her leg for a kick but Envy had already fallen backwards.

"how she could hold off Pride and me, without you?"

Virtue tensed, however she kept her cool. "I know what your trying to do..."

"Oh, do you now?" sneered Envy, moving from side to side. "Tell me."

"You want me to----"

"Sorry, your taking too long." she rasped and slapped Virtue directly in the face. There was a loud snap and Virtue was sent backwards, taking this advantage, Envy twisted her body and kicked, with her heels at Virtue's stomach.