Chapter 42: A Very Small Surprise

Not everything had been destroyed, but there was a large crater a few miles away. However the sight of the legendary Precure brought no fear into their hearts.

"As long as we're careful." said one girl dressed as a ninja. "Everything's going to be fine!"

The festivities continued and the trio took it easy, walking about.

"Funny," Emiyo said with a wicked grin. "I made the student council work in some of the stalls." she stopped and turned around.

Emiyo stared at the painting station where the Treasury was painting a boy's face as a tiger. He was struggling.

"Doesn't this remind you of the yearly summer festival, not only in Osaka, but Japan as a whole?" Kameko added as she watched a group of upperclassmen eating candy apples.

"They're only missing the yukatas."

A wave of homesickness washed over them. The image of fireworks, sweets, scooping up fish with a paper net, and the colorful
straight seams and wide sleeves of the yukata. Walking in high-heeled flip flops.

Lisa used to turn up with the cutest hairstyles. One year she wore twin tails, the other a bun, and last year a long braid over her shoulder. Kameko wore her usual ponytail, she might add a few accessories here and there, but nothing much. She loved carrying a hand fan though and wore the biggest ribbon on her back.

Emiyo was forced to wear a bun everytime. Her hair was too long for twin tails or any type of ponytail or braid. But she ate more sweets then any of them. She almos lost their small carry bag a few years ago when she tried to order candy apples for the trio.

"I miss everyone back home." Emiyo admitted. "Especially everyone from our old school."

"You mean your friends?" Kameko said slyly watching a flock of birds fly above their heads. Her voice sounded sour.

"They're your friends too, ya know?" Emiyo reminded her twin. "You just gotta talk to them that's all."

A cry of delight rose from a group of children, they must be the younger siblings of their classmates.

"It's the witch lady!" one pointed, he was dressed as a zombie.

Lisa waved happily. She had a devilish smile all over her face.

"Would you like to see some magic tricks?"

"Yes!" they screamed with delight. Eagerly, the group took her by the hand. Lisa turned back to the others. "Go on ahead." she mouthed before turning a corner.

She referred to the costumes they'd be wearing as they did their remaining club work. Emiyo was scheduled to have a live show as a knight while Kameko served food to everyone from all over the world.

The twins looked at one another and shrugged before walking in the opposite direction. Whatever Lisa had plan for those children, they had no idea.

Kameko got dressed quickly, taking a look and realizing one thing: Lisa made her costume.

She looked at the black oversized boots and baggy trousers. Kameko took the bright red peacot in her hands, staring at the bright yellow buttons down the front.

She could see Lisa had taken inspiration from her cure outfit.

At least she hadn't gone as a librarian. She'd gone with a pirate.

Something fell from one of the pockets and Kameko picked it up from the ground. It was a white slip of paper.

I know you wanted to be a pirate, but I couldn't help making it myself! Have fun!