Chapter 35: Ghost Are Real?! Mysteries of the School

"Welcome back, you look exhausted."

Emiyo collapsed onto the bench next to her that overlooked the small town outside the school grounds. Not too far off the twins were able to see construction taking place that involved the usage of a bulldozer, dump truck, and backhoe.

"I feel a bit bad for the coffee shop owner." Kameko winced, waving a hand.

"It couldn't be helped," Emiyo said as workers moved in and out of the site. She could see the orange suits and hard hats moving in and out. "She chose that location knowing it'd cause horrific damage..."

Kameko nodded as she remembered yesterday's fight.

"Remember Takashimizu Kameko. Desire is a powerful tool, it can be good or evil."

"Anyway, why the hold-up?" she turned to her older twin. "Been busy?"

"Um...something like that..." Emiyo said, scratching her cheek, unsure of her own answer. "It's more of...a rumor..."

"Rumor?"

Emiyo slumped her head, defeated.

"My first meeting as President, both yesterday and today were all about rumors underclassmen have been created!"

"There there." Kameko patted her on the back."What were they about?"

Emiyo decided to break the news as fast as possible before humiliating herself even further. "A Ghost."

"A Ghost?"

Wait for it...

A wave of silence passed between the siblings until-----

"A Ghost?! Seriously?"

"Not only that," Emiyo added, folding her arms. "but apparently it's up to me to find the origin of these rumors and put a stop to them once and for all."

"Oh," Kameko said. "All you have to do then is catch the fools making the stories up."

"I wish it were that simple." Emiyo retorted, taking a lolipop from her pocket and popping it into her mouth.

"What do you mean 'wish it were that simple'?"

Another sigh escaped her lips and Emiyo bit into her lolipop. Possibly trying to take her annoyance out on the sweet.

"You're all out here too?"

The twins stared up at Lisa, who held up her script, the fairy siblings tagging along with her.

Kameko nodded as Lisa took a seat, placing a pretty orange bookmark on one of the pages and shutting it closed.

"What's wrong everyone?" she asked, turning from Kameko to Emiyo then back again, sensing the tension.

"Not another fight-ki?"

"No." said both of the twins in unison.

"Then what's wrong-oshi?"

"Student council stuff..." Emiyo said. She found it easier to smile with all of them here. "Might as well take the time to actually explain the situation to you all."

....
...
..
.

Emiyo sat in front of the group of students, upperclassmen and underclassmen alike.

They were all seated in desks that circled around Emiyo. To her left was Xi Bao who smiled at her, and to the right was the Treasury. Representatives from each class and grade were present, ready for the first announcements of the day.