Chapter 29: All I Ask for Is a Miracle

"You're asking me for more information on the Precure?"

"Yes. Yes I am." Greed answered, his voice losing it's usual coolness. It seemed like he wasn't afraid of their king anymore.

"It's only fair, enough of your siblings are dead because of them."

"Yes, I already know you don't care about us, it's all for the sake of Eve." he added slyly, King Sylvester took no notice.

"Those emblems of theirs, were not only made by the royals, but by human hands as well, you can guess who..."

Greed said nothing.

"Don't you think it's funny...how the rulers don't tell them anything? I wonder why..."

"Have you got any idea?" Greed added, now his eyebrows creased.

"Simply that all forms of life are manipulative whether in an essence of good or bad?"

He turned around and Greed fought the urge to back down.

"And didn't I tell you...they'd be revived in due time as long as you didn't ask too many questions?"
_________________________________________

Kameko POV

We start running, no time to wait for the people to wake up, but I'm certain they'll have no memory of being brainwashed.

Emiyo and I run as fast as our legs can take us. I pay no attention to the thought of what would happen when we returned to the Institute or what we'd actually do once at the hospital.

We were already out of breath as the building came to view, the fairies hiding with Masayoshi's magic as I burst the doors open so hard it scared the receptionist.

"C-c-can I help you?" she asked with a terrified voice. "Aren't you two far too yo---"

"There here as visitors for patient Lisa Oozora." came the unmistakable voice of Mr. Oozora, who stared down at us.

He looked far worse then before. There were dark circles under his eyes, and his usual tan skin seemed a ghostly white.

Not only that, but I could see how red his eyes were and the bruises on his arm. It was a miracle to see him standing, Mr. Oozora looked as if he might snap and never get up again.

I could barely hear his next words, but Emiyo definitely did, it was clearly visible on her face.

"She's already dead."

"No." Emiyo repeated. She stopped her foot and it echoed across the hall. "Your lying. And you know how much I hate liars."

"I'm not lying." he sounded dead. "Don't make me repeat myself."

"Then show us." Emiyo said angerly, balling her hands. "She can't be gone."

He didn't move, and in her anger she took me by the hand. "Let's go, we'll prove him wrong..."

I felt nervous and sick. Even through her anger, I could tell Emiyo was dreading the sight, she knew Mr. Oozora wasn't one to lie or tell secrets.

It all happened in a haze, we went inside the white room and Emiyo turned to the other occupant in the room who was all alone: Mrs. Oozora.

I rush over to where she lies, motionless against the bed covers."Lisa?" I call her name again, giving her a little shake, but she's unresponsive.

My fingers fumble across her lips, where there's no warm breath although she had been breathing the last time they visited.

I press my ear against her chest, to the spot where the most important muscular organ lay, where I know I will hear the strong and stable beat of her heart.