Chapter 47: The Princess of Hope

"Gluttony is dead."

King Sylvester nodded. "As expected. Your true selves shall awaken soon and from then we'll dominate the planet."

"Yes," Wrath agreed. "however it appears that Charlotte, the previous Cure Chevalier has finally shown herself to the trio."

"Excellent."

"And those files..."

"Those files we stored there after taking over Charlotte's mind were given to us by some allies."

"Then they are not important?"

"Not much." Sylvester waved a hand. "Just a little aid for our allies. Said they wouldn't need it for their invasion next year."

"We already knew who the two mages are. That's all that matters." His eyes seemed glossy.

"Then I should try and cripple Cure Liberté as much as possible." Wrath said.

"Yes."

Wrath walked away and Sylvester spoke. "Seven years, it started a little before that if I'm being honest...What's the point of life if everyone dies and are soon forgotten?"
                  ____________________

Lisa carefully bandaged Emiyo, pulling the covers on her bed once she finished.

"Rest." Lisa whispered, stroking her head. "You've done a lot," she was shivering, but displayed her usual patient smile.

Emiyo obliged, closing her eyes. "...For...little...bit...."

She can hardly talk, much less explain what was going on, but she did. Lisa did too. The files, Augustine's betrayal, Prince Nobility, Kameko still in the labyrinth....

"You chose me." Lisa whispered more to herself than to Emiyo. She buried her head in her hands. "You didn't...."

"Kame....escape...soon...intelligent..."

Lisa said nothing, removing her hands from her face. "The fairies...Augustine...Princess Hope...everything..."

She was clutching the empty belt so hard, Lisa lost the feeling in her fingers. "I want to change that. I can't mope around and never do anything..." she was thinking hard about her labyrinth, the Kameko and reality her mind had crafted. Pathetic.

"I don't know what I did." Lisa covered her mouth. "And I want to tell them I'm sorry...I really do...but Is it really all right for me to continue living happily...what if I harm you too? What if I don't deserve this..."

Lisa felt that familiar feeling, the anticipation of something terrible about to happen if she looked away...She couldn't be responsible...not again...Lisa wasn't strong enough to shoulder the responsibility.

She felt Emiyo's warm soft hand rubbing against her own affectionately.

"They...no...you...give...up..."

The situation felt like all those days back at school, following Kameko and Emiyo along.  The glares of others, pretending nothing existed other then the twins.

And Lisa stood up so fast the entire bed shook. With a huge amount of effort, she reached continued walking.

"I'll be right back." Lisa looked back one last time before opening the window and placed her foot on the windowsill.

She paused.

"Whatever it takes, right?"

Lisa jumped out and started running.

Be brave. Lisa told herself, unsure if her lips  would move and form the words aloud.

Her ocean eyes looked around, waiting for the scene to appear. The image of Yuki and her younger siblings brought desperation and anger, Augustine...someone who she saw everyday...if only...