-56-

Location: Earth

Hongjoong

The Pegasus's Fable

"His story is actually very similar to yours. Got kicked out of somewhere, no offence, ended up injured and landed in my home."

*6 months ago*

Hongjoong is lazing about the house. There isn't much happening today, sincerely. He'd already done all his chores, fed all the animals, well, all except one seeing as he was up on top of the highest tree once again, crying and calling for his family to return, even though they most likely never would. He wasn't able to convince him to come down for even his favourite food.

He'd tried and tried to call the phoenix down, but the heartbroken creature wouldn't relent, his soul completely broken. Hongjoong's soul was broken too, seeing his "child" suffer. He couldn't even do anything about it.

That is why the human is now flopped over on the sofa, being depressed. And sad.

The feelings didn't last very long, however, when he heard a loud "crashing of leaves" noise and a "thump" outside. You know, the crunching of leaves and snapping of branches? Yeah, that.

Curious to see what that could be, seeing as he hadn't ordered any delivery that would warrant such a noisy welcome, he went outside to look. Of course, Jongho went with him. Can't leave the babiest baby on his own, right?

Detective Joong is on the case! With his trusty sidekick Jjong!

The duo make their way into the forest, seeing as that was the place with the most leaves, and thus had the most likelihood for causing that sound. After searching through the place for half an hour, their search turned up fruitless. There's only one place they hadn't searched, that has a tree. The back garden.

And you know what the only tree there is? It's an apple tree. Specifically, Jongho's apple tree. It even has his name carved on the bark and everything. Although, bark does grow back, so Hongjoong ends up carving it again every once in a while, otherwise there will be consequences. Severe consequences. Ones that involve the consumption of food that shouldn't be consumed.

Jongho squeals in shock and hurries off ahead. Somehow, he already knew the possibility of his tree having been destroyed.

Hongjoong hurries after him. Hey, he only has two legs and not four, cut him some slack.

The loud shriek of rage tells him his hunch was indeed right. Lying at the foot of the tree is a black Pegasus. But clearly the creature has a great sense of humour, as it's four legs are sticking straight up in the air, like its playing dead rather. But it's not dead. Not at all. It's trembling with laughter and not pain. It's pretty obvious.

Jongho runs over and pummels the Pegasus, unhappy that his tree had been treated so unfairly.

That's when the Pegasus squirms in pain. Jongho is strong for a very small baby dragon though. He better not have broken any bones.

I run over to take a closer look.

The Pegasus gives a whinny and I realise that I recognise it. The same one that led me to the unicorn, the same one that is friends with the hippogriff.

"Hey, omgosh, what are you doing here?"

It pointed up at the clouds. "Oh, so you fell?"

It nodded but looked away.

Oh no.

Not another abandoned child.

"Let's at least get you inside, I guess." Hongjoong walks over and picked up the injured creature as easily as one would pick up a boulder. In other words, it was heavy. He couldn't pick up the Pegasus. XD

As soon as he put the creature back down, however, it stood up on its own and stalked over to the house like a stroppy child. One side of its wing trailing on the ground beside him at an awkward angle. It's broken.

Hongjoong runs over to the front door and opens it for the Pegasus. Then, he runs over to the kitchen and gets the first aid kit. Although he has absolutely no idea how to heal a broken wing. Nevertheless, it looked extremely weird, but he tried his best. We'll give him some face by not describing what it looked like.

After finishing, he opened the back door and led the new creature to the stable. At its appearance, the hippogriff gave a delighted caw, while the unicorn somehow jumps over his gate and hurried over to give the newcomer a hug.

They're really extremely close, maybe they were childhood friends, you never know. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hehe

I leave the stable, letting the creatures pay their respects to each other and allowing them to be acquainted in the Griffin's case.

----------------

*in the present time*

"So.. I'm guessing you get it now, yeah?"

"Um... What?"

Seonghwa had just woken up from a short nap.

"WHAT THE HELL?!!!"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hi everyone!
Thanks for the support on this story! Love all of you guys so much!

Unfortunately, I will be going on a short writing hiatus due to school... Need to focus on it now cause I procrastinated for far too long. Haha

I'll be back soon, okay? Bye for now!

~cey xx

P.S. this is part 56, part 57 is NOT the next part because wattpad jumbled the order for me. It jumped to 60. Take note of it please! I published it in order btw...