-5-

Location: Heaven

Seonghwa

The discussion is boring. They are just stressing on how much they should increase the border security and the watchtower security and whatnot. If that's all they're doing, I might as well leave now and take my breaks. This predicament has nothing to do with me seeing as I'm only on duty for today and today only. I'm never doing watch duty again.

I try to sneak out from the meeting using the back entrance. Nobody is situated there during meetings to guard. It's really weird seeing as the front is guarded but not the back. That doesn't concern me now. What does concern me is the state my mental health will be in if I manage to sit through this ridiculousness.

Unfortunately, I'm caught just as I'm leaving my seat.

"Park, where are you off to? As this meeting does regard you a fair amount, I believe it would be more than appropriate for you to be present."

The head angel is such a "whatever bad word you prefer" sometimes. Or rather everyday. I sigh for what seems to be the thousandth time that day. Whatever. I can just be present but I don't necessarily have to listen to everything they say. They're just wasting my precious time.

I'm almost nodding off to sleep when I hear my name being mentioned. Shocked, I shake myself head vigorously to keep the slumber at bay.

"Park, he was the one who was on guard duty earlier. He should have noticed the breach in the security. Unfortunately, he did not warn us in time, resulting in much property damage, injuries to both souls and angels alike and a couple of second-soul deaths."

The person who is speaking sighs, taking a deep breath before speaking again.

"It's a pretty big loss, considering an incident like today's hasn't happened in centuries. I think we should question a certain person about this, especially since they were suppose to be watching what happened."

A couple pairs of eyes are staring pointedly at me.

I lean back in my chair slightly, feeling uncomfortable under the weight of their accusations.

"Yeah, I admit I wasn't really paying attention, but that doesn't mean I didn't care."

"You fell asleep! What do you mean 'not paying attention'? That is an obvious disobeyment of orders."

An uproar overtook the room.