-4-

Location: Earth

Hongjoong

I enter the kitchen by the back door, and find the entire place in a mess. It looked as though an elephant that stepped on a tack had run straight through. Unsurprisingly, though, there were little paw prints in a patch of spilled coffee powder on the floor.

I sigh. This wasn't the first time. I sweep up the mess and clean off the table and counter tops. What a way to get some extra morning exercise.

After clearing up the chaos that was the kitchen, I follow the coffee powder prints all the way to a little synthetic cave I built in the living room, next to the fireplace. The paw marks led all the way into the cave. Soft snuffling noises echo from its interior. I stoop down and peer into the opening. In the dim lighting, I spot a tip of a tail sticking out from behind a rock.

Shaking my head, I let out a short giggle. We didn't have to play this sort of hide and seek game this early, but it always amuses me whenever he decides to.

"Jongie, I see you. Come out of your hiding spot now, or you won't get any breakfast."

A squeal of outrage erupted from the tiny body, almost bursting my eardrums with how high pitched it was. He tried tucking himself into an even smaller ball, attempting to hide even more, ashamed of the mess he had made. It was to no avail. Sulking, he turned around and skulked out from his hiding spot.

"Aw, don't be all sulky. You know I'll always be able to find you," I tease.

Instead of being all ashamed like he was in his home base, once he's outside his boundaries, he struts as though he were the king of the world. Quite the opposite of most people.

He makes his way over to the bowls next to the back door of the kitchen, sits, and waits patiently for the food to come. I pour him a bowl of coffee so he doesn't get too restless. Apparently dragons like coffee. Never would have known that if I didn't find one.

While he savours his morning beverage, I clean up the prints he made on his quest to head back to his home. By now, the carpet has a number of stains on it, from the various ingredients he's trekked through and brought back to his house.

Once all that is cleared, I trudge back to the kitchen and hurry to make my own very well deserved breakfast.

All the burners on the stove are on, courtesy of our little friend who is still happily slurping his coffee.

In one pan, I fry some bacon, and in the other, I mix up some batter and flip up a couple pancakes for myself. Then, just for the sheer fun of it, I intentionally burn a couple for the baby dragon. I mean, he literally eats charcoal, so burnt pancakes should taste like heaven to him. I also toss him a couple pieces of bacon, which he seems incredibly grateful for.

After giving Jongho his breakfast, I pull out a chair and sit at the table, enjoying my own breakfast. Pancakes, with maple syrup and butter, bacon and orange juice.

As I am about halfway through, I hear loud noises coming from the stable. Some others are impatient for their morning meal too. I shovle down the last few mouthfuls of pancakes, almost choke on my juice, place my dishes in the washer, and start gathering the breakfast supplies for the other members of the household.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not gonna lie, I uwued a couple of times while writing this.

Anyways, thank you for reading! :)

~cey