-1-

Location: Heaven

Seonghwa

From my perch up here, I can see everything. It's not a bad place to be. Not the tower where I'm situated. The clouds. They look mighty soft. It kind of looks like my bed back at home. I suddenly feel a wave of fatigue run through my body.

Maybe it's a bad idea to take a nap, but I'll do whatever I want. Keeping watch is a boring thing to do. Who assigns these tasks anyway? Oh yeah, the head angel. Who gave him that role anyway? Doesn't seem to do a very good job of it. All he does is order the others around, and that includes me.

Why would we even need to keep watch anyway? It's not likely that any human could make their way up here themselves. And even if any demons did, they would be burnt by the holinest of the skies.

Why waste your angel resources on something that can easily be prevented? I should be out in the human world, invisible to mankind, guiding the new and wandering souls up here, to where their new life will start. But no, I'm stuck up here in the guard tower, with nothing to do except watch for danger.

I stifle a yawn. It's the most boring job in the world. No, not in the world, in the universe. Maybe tomorrow will bring better tasks, but for now, I will take my well earned nap and hope nothing incredibly dangerous pops up.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I hope you did read the disclaimer before reading this chapter. This chapter is pretty bad, I'll admit it. But, it does get better after the first few chapters. Hang in there!

Thanks for giving this book a chance. Please promise you won't leave before reading the next parts! :)

~cey