-68-

Location: Earth

Jongho

Per usual, I was minding my own business, taking a nap in my little cave next to the fireplace. The peace and quiet of the place mixed in with the warmth and soft crackling noises of the wood shavings would be enough to make any soul fall asleep. However, that tranquility was soon broken by the resonating tones of a familiar tv series track. They were watching that horrid show that HE likes. Scornfully, I get up and make my way out of my habitat. With a sudden thought, I decide to sit down just outside the cave. Normally, Hongjoongie will come pick me up when I do that. Let's test a little something, shall we?

All he did was glance once, just once, but I can tell he's observing me. For all I know, he might be testing me too. Test 1: failed.

"He doesn't care for you anymore..."

I stand up and clamber onto the sofa, squeezing myself in between the two. Their attention is elsewhere, time to do a second test.

Slowly, I push the angel little by little away from my owner. Which I'm sure he noticed, seeing as he decided to go through an awful lot of trouble and tricky maneuvers just to get to the other side. Undeterred, I climb back over to the other side of my enemy and resume my experiment.

"Jongho, what is wrong with you? Why do keep pushing Hwa away? You're not yourself today." I hear him say.

"See, he's scolding you, isn't that confirmation enough?"

I stare down at my paws, pretending to be ashamed.

But then, his tone changes. "Jongie, if there's anything wrong, you can always tell me, you know."

Perhaps not all hope is lost.

He reaches over me and towards his partner. Nope, faith is all gone.

In that moment, all I see is red, and without thinking, I rear up, unsheathe my claws, which I never do, and lash at the movement. But plans are foiled easily, as I suddenly feel myself lifted from the cushions, and instead, feel my nails latch into a different arm. A second later, gravity pulls me to the floor.

"JONGHO! What are you thinking?! Hwa, let me go get the bandages, I'll be right back."

"He doesn't love you anymore! Why are you still here?! You just make life difficult for them!"

Hot tears fill my eyes, and through them, I notice him look at me with concern. Well, he's also the least of my concerns right now. Looking back at the bleeding angel, I choke out what I hope to be my final words to him. "I hate you!"

Then, I turn my back and run straight for the door, which was thankfully unlatched, and bolt full speed into the dense forest.