-21-

Location: Earth

Seonghwa

It's not that I'm tired or anything, I just want to be left alone. I pull the sheets up over my head and cover my ears. However, despite all my great efforts, I'm still unable to fall asleep.

The thoughts keep coming to me, again and again and again. It's almost a continuous loop now. Why can't I get out of my mind?

Sighing, I push the quilt down from my face, roll over to sit at the edge of the bed, and stand up. I walk over to the window, the cool morning air such an irresistible temptation.

Standing there, I breathe in, attempting to calm my heart and mind. It is from my second floor perch that I see the red haired man and the baby dragon leave the house and sit on a bench in the garden this room overlooks.

They sit there for a few minutes before the sun starts to peek over the edge of the mountains.

I lean on the windowsill, admiring the view from above their heads. Not gonna lie, it is a beautiful sight. The sun, bringing energy to the earth, bringing life to its inhabitants. Symbolising that not all hope is lost.

However, it is for me. There isn't any hope for me.

Hongjoong starts doing some morning stretches, and I watch with amusement when the baby dragon also tries to do the exercises as well, but is unsuccessful as it is unstable on its back legs.

After its failed attempt, the baby dragon just sits down in the grass and watches its master finish his routine while grooming himself.

Hongjoong then finishes his coffee, and they both head back into the house, while I step back from the window and back into my spiral of thoughts.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Hi everyone! Just decided to add a note here to say that unfortunately due to my school schedule, I won't be able to write as frequently. I only have a limited number of pre-written chapters... 😢Thus, updates of this story will be on alternate days.

I'm really sorry.

But I hope you're still enjoying this book! See you in the next chapter! :)

~cey xx