-32-

Location: Earth

Hongjoong

The instant the thunderstorm started, I knew my soul wouldn't be able to fend for itself. Weak, easy to break, that's what I am. And sure enough, when the first strike came, it crumbled.

I sat at the corner of the sofa, wrapping the throw around me like a burrito and cowering in fear while Jongho leaned into me, shivering. It really isn't any of our faults, but things happen. Sometimes we get over it, but in some circumstances, it's too difficult.

Such as in our cases.

It isn't easy to forget traumatic experiences, let alone get over them. The fear doesn't let you forget it, anything that ever so slightly reminds you of what had happened sends you tumbling hundreds of feet, back to the point where you started, wondering if anything was ever going to get better.

And despite how long it's been, I've never gotten over it. Tumbling back dozens of times hasn't made me overcome the fear of falling. It's just made me start again and again, only to fall again and again.

Every thunderstorm carries a warning within my mind, warning me that there are prices to pay in life, and sometimes the prices that are due are way too high.

The things you love most have to be sacrificed.

Tears start to well up in my eyes, overflowing and rolling down my face, dampening my shirt. I don't care how others would look at me if they saw me right now, all I want to do, is to forget everything that's happened.