-10-

Location: Earth

Hongjoong

I hear a crash outside, and I think Jongho heard it too. He's looking curiously at the backdoor. Suspicion crawls up my spine and I grab a broom from the cupboard just in case it turns out to be an intruder.

Gingerly, I open the back door a centimeter to see if I can catch a glimpse of the noisemaker, but I don't see anything.

Well, this my current home, and I'm also responsible for it, so there's only one way to it. Check out what exactly it is.

Unfortunately, I'm not a naturally courageous fella, and I do occasionally jump at small noises, so this should be interesting. I raise myself to full height: yeah, other than being a coward, I'm also slightly shorter than the average person, and swing the door fully open.

I guess I expected something to jump out at me, but surprisingly, nothing happened. Walking onto the porch to look also proved fruitless, so I ventured out into the garden. Lo and behold, I found the source of our disturbance.

There's a person lying on a feather bed in the middle of the rose bushes, and he appears to be sleeping.

Wait a second. Nobody in their right mind would take a nap in rose bushes. Their sharp thorns are as letal as their beauty.

Suspicion grows in my mind and I stalk over to the sleeping guy, determined to give him a piece of my mind for trespassing on private property.

When I do get closer, though, I realised that I was wrong.

The guy isn't sleeping. He has cuts all over his body, likely from falling into the rose bush. More importantly, however, is the fact that he isn't on a bed.

What I had thought to be a bed was actually a set of wings sprouting from his shoulders.

An angel.