Year 4 - 50

"Put on a coat and meet me in the common room," were the first words Astrid heard upon being woken up in the middle of the night.

The girl just blinked, not fully comprehending anything yet.

Just as suddenly as he had come, the blonde boy was now gone.

Astrid blinked once more, slowly sitting up in her bed. Looking over the room, it was clear it was still very late. Or very early. Astrid didn't know but what was important was that everyone was sleeping. Except for her.

Led by sheer curiosity, Astrid put on the first jumper she had by her hand and pulled out her autumn coat. As quietly as she could, she tiptoed her way out of her dorm, her boots held in one hand, the other rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

Having exited the room, she shut the door and then leaned against the nearest wall to pull her boots on. Astrid didn't know what she was doing or why she was doing it. The girl was too tired to understand and too intrigued to just ignore it. 

Walking down the stairs, stumbling over a stair and nearly tumbling down because she had closed her eyes for a second to yawn, the girl knew she looked ridiculous. She still had her silk pyjama pants on, which were a little too short on the girl now since she had outgrown them since she had first gotten them on Christmas two years ago. The pyjama pants dangled just a tiny bit below the edge of her black combat boots. And over the girl's knitted brown jumper was her opened coat, which, as Daphne had laughed about, was in the shade of green that was called Hooker's green. The general state of her head and face was no better. Her straight hair quite dishevelled, her eyes still quite closed - both from being tired and the contrast of light between her room and the common room.

Squinting and sniffling once, she wrapped her arms around her upper body to warm up and finished descending the stairs.

"What is it?" the girl croaked out in a not so pleasant tone.

Draco who stood leaned up against the wall by the entrance to the common room looked the girl up and down once before letting out an amused huff. For one he was smug she had actually come some willingly. Then he was also rather amused at the way the girl had dressed. If anyone saw them together when she looked like that, it would surely end his whole reputation. But then again, it would be the end for the boy in general if anyone saw them alone together in the middle of the night.

Not having enough energy to address the condemning look and huff the boy had given, she simply crossed her arms, waiting for a response. If he wanted to laugh at her, she would forever be able to pull out the 'you're the one who called for me' card. 

"Let's go," Malfoy shook his head and put on the black hat he had been holding in his hands. Astrid had to note the boy looked much more put together than she did. Dressed in all black, not a hair out of place. Sometimes she wished she could have his effortless debonair aura. What she had to put up with were very possibly (it had been dark; Astrid couldn't be sure) two different socks on her feet.

"No," Astrid spoke suddenly before Malfoy could make another move. She was confused. "What?"

"We're going to go and get Potter in trouble."

"What?"

"What, what? I'm telling you."

"Now?"

"No, Ninomae, tomorrow. Why do you reckon we're dressed to go outside?"

Astrid opened her mouth to speak again but then paused, knowing too well her response would've only been another 'what'. She repeated the boy's words in her head a few times, allowing them to sink in.